View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #11
exgmguy
Registered Member

I was worried about slowing down with the blower at first. A few people told me that I had to run around 14 psi to match the 150 shot I was running. We'll all my previous N2O passes were in cool 70 degree weather, and my untuned blower showing about 7 psi still trapped the same speed.

You may not need a custom chip, and you could keep your injectors and run the FMU that comes in the kit. That could save a lot of money, or at least you could still drive it, and do those other things later. I have different pulleys as well. I had ASP make me a smaller blower pulley (2.75 vs. stock 3.0") and I used a crank pulley from a Grand Marquis (free from junkyard or 22.00 from Ford dealer) Crank pulleys from an F150, or a Crown Vic will do to. The stock 5.0l Mustang pulley is 6", and the one I have is 6.75".

I saw 5-6 psi with all the stock pulleys, then added the smaller blower pulley and saw solid 7 psi, the added the crank pulley and saw 10 psi. I was only getting 7 psi at the track due to the heat (90 degrees) or so I thought. Yesterday it would only make 5 psi. New belts stretch alot, and I think the belt was slipping at the track more than the heat killing my boost.

After spraying for 3 years, I would definitely vote for the blower. The power is always there. It cost me 45.00 to fill my bottle and I get 4 good passes out of it. That is 10 bucks EVERY PASS DOWN THE TRACK! I will now keep the dry kit, but jet it down just for "insurance".

The instructions do suck for the Novi, so if you happen to get one and need some advise on the install, give me a shout.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote