MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2001, 12:53 AM   #1
PGkelly
Registered Member

Post off-roading!!!!

i don't know why i never posted this before. sorry the post is kinda long, but here goes:

i was bored, so i decided to go for a drive. i take the toll road out a ways, out to near Dulles airport. i get off the road, and putt around on some nice curvy roads for a while. i decide to live on the edge, and turn on to a gravel road. this is fun, its a nice road, im doing some nice drifts and stuff, and the road is all muddy and dirty and stuff, so im happy. my front wheels are throwing up roostertails, and mud is going everywhere. i come to a bridge, that is pretty high. i get good air on the other side, all four wheels in the air at the same time! it was fun. i go around these gravel roads for a while, aking switchbacks, having fun in general. finally i find my way back to the real roads. btw, my cars is mostly covered in mud at this point. even some of the windows. i roll them down to get the mud off.
as im driving along, i see this, shiny, clean Jeep Wrangler. i accelerate and get next to him. he looks over and sees a '91 Silver camry, covered in Mud. i grin at him, and he dives me a really weird look, kind of like astonishment. he yells "did you off road that peice of sh!t!?!?!?"
i yell back "yeah, what of it?" and accelerate away.
damn that was fun.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:40 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Red face

I was really stressed out the other night, I had a friend of mine talking to me about how her b/f was trying to commit suicide, and some other drama going on.

I was going to pop over to my buddy's place, but it was too late before I got off line and all, so I wound up just rallying the 87GT around the dirt roads in the park reserve. The road didn't have gravel on it anymore, and it was moist from rain and melting snow. It was a great time.

No jumps though, hehe, I haven't done any jumping since the Mustang II .
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I used to run my truck around on dirt roads...until I wrecked it

Check out my site in my sig for the wreck pics....did 80 off a curve....cool pics.

Can't say that I would ever off-road the stang. It takes to long to wash the thing as it is.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 06:01 PM   #4
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I was with one of my g-friends friends and we were out one night last fall in her 90 mustang gt. Had a summit rebuild kit and RR arms and suspension mods. Well being the dumbass that she was she tried showing off and took her car down a old railroad track w/the railroad track removed. But there is still alot of GIANT holes and ruts in that thing. She bottoms it out about 10 times and it was horrible. I could never disrespect my car like that.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2001, 12:46 AM   #5
98'MustangGT
Registered Member

Question

How hard is it on my Mustang when I do a small jump? ( I don't pull a Dukes of Hazzard or anything) Like, there is this real nice hump in the road and if I get going about 60-70 it feels real light, is it hard on the shocks in all to go from 3000 some pounds to around 400 back to 3000? My friend's think I am the biggest dumbass for going at that hump in the road that fast.

------------------
1998 Mustang GT with a 4.6 liter V8, Black
98'MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote