View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 11:20 PM   #14
MercDude
Registered Member

Well... my car weighs about 3200lbs also. Now, spinemup, i happen to have MANY MANY improvements to my suspension... one being sway bars, two being shocks, three being springs, four monte carlo bar, and five i have 15's on 50 series tires measuring 225front 245back... that's nearly the size of 275/45/16's. Carbs have NOTHING to do with reliability to start in mornings (well if you tune it first ). Mostly that has to do with the type of distributor/ignition you own... like i run an unilite mallory dist with full mallory ignition (coil, hyfire, wires)and my car fires up no prob every morning.

Skyman, i haven't been there lately... so yes i am guessing BUT i have raced a slightly moded '00 M6 SS and i KILLED him off the line by about 5 cars... and we pulled it out until about 90 then we shut it down... he started to pull on me like a raped ape at about 70 (didn't pull all the way through second ) but that's basically how i'm judging my et currently. My advice to you is to get a MSD dist (helps A TON!) and to get a stealth intake (or performer RPM)... also put some nice long tube headers on with 3 chamber flows. The gears are REALLY killing you with an auto and that cam/heads. Also TUNE YOUR CARB!!!!!! Holleys do not come pre tuned! Also... change your secondary springs to a lighter spring. Also your auto NEEDS at least a 2200 rpm converter with a shift kit (HELPS!!) The carb is PLENTY for your app. If need be, try adjusting the jet size. Good luck on your car. I want to just say that nearly any old car CAN handle like a fox body, but unfortunately, this takes about $750 in suspension rebuilding. I drive my car EVERY day... it's not too bad and i love the attention!! Carbs are JUST as reliable as EFI (if not MORE so!) ... what i do have to say is GREAT about EFI is the automatic tuning from the computer... gosh having major electronics sure is nice

------------------
'63 Merc Meteor hardtop, warm 302, C4 auto, 2.25" Flowmaster Exhaust,
'65 289 heads - ported/chevy valves, performer cam, edelbrock f4a intake, full length hookers, 600 holley, roller rockers, k'n, 10.5:1 hyperutetic pistons... mid 13's hoping to reach into 12's
MercDude is offline   Reply With Quote