MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2002, 04:33 AM   #1
89mustanglx
Registered Member

Default Old School Racing

Figured I would share my street racing experience from last weekend ;-)

I live in a small town, and when I want to go racing, I have to go fishing for prey. Long story short, I went to the next town over (Rome in north GA) fishing for a kill. My car is no sleeper so sometimes it's hard to get a race, but I ended up finding a fellow stanger looking for some fun. We sat in the parking lot for a while, when he finally said "I now I can't hold a candle to you, but I have a buddy who I know can bust your ***." After making a few calls it was on. He and 30-40 of his buddies followed me to my house and we got ready to race.

His car was an aluminum headed 454 pontiac firebird spraying 200 through a carb plate. What I didn't know before was that he had 12" Et streets on the back. I figured "great, now I get busted by the guy on slicks on my own home turf". Well I wasn't going to back down, so we head down the road to race. The agreement was one race, winner wins, loser loses. We would have cops swarming if we stayed out any longer, and it was late anyway.

We staged, did our burnouts, and both purged, and sat at the line. He decided he could hit the nitrous right off the line, and for an instant was 3 cars ahead of me. The nittos just then started biting, and I shifted to second and hit the bottle. He had to let out and get back on it because of some fishtailing, and it was all over from there. even when he was back in the throttle, he was gaining no ground. Needless to say I still have a huge smile on my face!

David "Smiff"
89 mustang LX gutted
chevy 350
edelbrock perf. RPM heads stock
weiand 6-71 blower
NOS super powershot
373 gears with nitto DR's and spool
see pics in profile
89mustanglx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: