MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2001, 10:46 AM   #1
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Post Olds cutlass say what?

This morning while on my way to work I get tried by this beat down early 70's Olds Cutlass. This guy was ahead of me in traffic and we had just made a left turn onto this three lane road. It was a little wet out from rain earlier in the morning. So I was just driving normal. I get in the far right lane and go around a group of traffic in which he was in the middle of. Soon as I drove by he cut out of the middle lane behind me and started to haul a$$. He got around some other people then got into the far left lane and punched it trying to pull a ricer flyby on me. I was doing about 65-70 in 5th so I dropped it into 4th and dropped the hammer. As I did this he was right at my rear bumper and pulling on me. That lasted all of about 2 seconds and I walked away from him instantly. I hit about 90 and put the car in 5th and he was a good 5-6 cars back and for some reason was driving really slow I can't imagine why!

I don't know what it is lately it's raining around here and nasty weather but everyone and their grandmother is trying me. I've had two blazers try me, a Tahoe and a newer Maxima. All of which would either pull even with me and stomp on it or try me right from a light...

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Steeda Pulleys & Timing Adjuster, C&L 80mm, 4.30’s, Flows w/turndowns, UPR shifter, UPR Pro Series LCA’s, Lakewood 70/30’s & 50/50’s, 253.8 RWHP/292.8RWTQ
Best ET 12.91
Best MPH 105.49
M/M 100, 7085
2001 Mod Motor Shootout 2V NA Champion

Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 03:13 PM   #2
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Don't complain too much, I can't get anyone to run me around here. All they do is throw rev's while driving the other way.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer:
Don't complain too much, I can't get anyone to run me around here. All they do is throw rev's while driving the other way.

I get those as well.
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 10:40 PM   #4
mustang marty gt

it does suck trying , to race in the city , i will jump them if it look's safe to do so, but i live 34 mile's out of the city 70 mph on the highway ,THAT'S where i have my fun i love when other vehicle's no brand names mentioned see my stang, & just have to see if they can play catch up, i let them get even, then point ahead they kick it & i let them go by for a second or ,3 then i ,etheir kick it or wave & laugh , just depend's on how much gas is in my ride at the time, or what kind of car it is.

------------------