MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
jeb
Registered Member

Post Where to street race Q's. Couldn't they be cops?

I've seen quite a few posts on where to street race in ---- (fill in the blank).

Maybe I'm paranoid here, but would'nt it be real easy for a policeman to get on this forum and ask where to street race. Now granted most of the time you just say where to meet up, but it would still be easy for them to find you. Just a thought

Not too long ago the Orlando steet races got busted, and the cops gave out like 200 or so tickets. That would suck

------------------
90LX Ragtop.
14.7@95.3
Strut tower brace, K&N, 2.25'' Flowmasters, Hollow cats, Crank pulley, Crane 2031, Crane rockers, Holley FPR, 155lph, Heavy duty clutch, and alum quadrant.
Need Gears Bad!!!
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:57 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

Your average american cop is stupider than the president.

But that is a good point, eh?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:03 PM   #3
what_import
Registered Member

I completely resent that last post! I am a Sheriffs' Deputy and would never consider doing that sort of sting! That is just not fair. I surely hope you don't think of all Law Enforcement personel to be as inadequate as you claim they may be?
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:15 PM   #4
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by what_import:
I completely resent that last post! I am a Sheriffs' Deputy and would never consider doing that sort of sting! That is just not fair. I surely hope you don't think of all Law Enforcement personel to be as inadequate as you claim they may be?
Don't worry, those that think that are usually the ones that get busted. I hope I am also a cop in the next year or so, however, I would never do that either.

And I refuse to get into a flame war over the current presidential administration.

Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 09:35 PM   #5
lx mike
Undescribable

I'm willing to bet that if you went to almost any town that the police there would know where the cars street race. they can't always be there busting them everytime they are racing. unless thry just moved there they have probly lived there a good bit of there lives and know about thing like this.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 09:50 PM   #6
cockroach
Registered Member

stupider...
LOL
Your stupider president are belong to us
cockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 10:41 PM   #7
Fostang
Registered Member

The police officers in this area know very well where the street racers are at and the hang outs. I know a few and I've asked them. They've also said that they don't worry too much about them as long as they aren't doing something like running people off the road or going thru stop lights. The reason they go and break up the local spots is because either people are complaining about the noise of the car or the meeting places are usually private owned parking lots where some moron tends to smoke his tires making the pavement ugly. I'm also planning to join law enforcement and to tell you the truth I'd doubt the D.E.A. would like to get involved with street racing unless Pablo Escobar was running his Ferrari.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 11:35 PM   #8
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yes, down here the cops pretty much know the spots, they seem pretty cool, and dont make too many arrest, yes they will arrest you for racing sometimes, especially if you ivade them, some cops are pricks, some of them are cool, will give warning and even compliment, and conversate about the persons car, and on our texas site we just send private e-mails, or call eachother to find out the new spots, not post in front of the world, cuz yes there is always a cop waiting to ruin someones life, but all the laws i talked to hear are real cool guys, heh didnt know there was this many on this site, but hey they like the same hobby im kinda scared because me an a Ls1 sped off the other night at the streetraces, of course i was spanking his a$$ off the line, and i see a camera flash from behind, so i worried thinking it could be the law snapping a pic of my license, out of all those people, i bet there is at least on law there.
Cops sometimes wait at the finish line to pull them over and start writing tickets, but it doesnt stop em, and some racers even have 2-way radios, or cell phones so they can watch out.
Be safe...peace

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:05 AM   #9
jeb
Registered Member

I know most LEO's (law enforcement officers)could care less about street racing, but I live in Volusia County FL., and the V.C. Sherriffs are real pricks. They would give you a ticket for walking on the grass if they could.

I'm not saying anybody that fequents this site would do that, but there's nothing stopping one from registering on this site and finding out info on where and when. Just something to think about.
------------------
90LX Ragtop.
14.7@95.3
Strut tower brace, K&N, 2.25'' Flowmasters, Hollow cats, Crank pulley, Crane 2031, Crane rockers, Holley FPR, 155lph, Heavy duty clutch, and alum quadrant.
Need Gears Bad!!!

[This message has been edited by jeb (edited 06-05-2001).]
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:22 AM   #10
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

They're all pigs. Period

They've been cool here up until this spring.
As soon as we get the 100 or so cars parked, the cops show up in time to bust us after the third race !

The piggers wouldn't help me jack **** when my car was stolen this winter - but they're capable of dispursing crowds of hot rodders on a Friday night? What a bunch of dinks!

As for the law monitoring this board, or anyother board for that matter, is B.S.!
Those dorks can'r even monitor themselves.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:32 AM   #11
jerryIII

Cool

it does'nt take the law long to shut down our favorite spots.. they currently have a 'no cruising ordinance' in one of our past favorite spots and the other spot has cops sitting every two blocks to ticket people for traffic violations and they passed an ordinance restricting parking on the street after 8:00 p.m.

obviously prime examples of nothing better to do...

------------------
Black, 84 GT, T5, ground effects, shorty headers, dual exh., rear spoiler from a 87..
Old 06-05-2001, 06:11 PM   #12
Fostang
Registered Member

Well to protect oursleves we carry two way radios, cell phones, a video camera, scanners, and try to avoid big crowds of cars on our way to the spot. Last week someone got shot at one, some have even died their. It starts going down hill when new folks start showing off. Just calling attention on us. Oh yeah and there is a specific time we race and thats when the shift changes start.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Old 06-05-2001, 07:27 PM   #13
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Power:
Don't worry, those that think that are usually the ones that get busted. I hope I am also a cop in the next year or so, however, I would never do that either.

And I refuse to get into a flame war over the current presidential administration.

as with any generalization, it doesn't apply to all in the said group. i am serious when i say what i said, cause every cop i've ever met, save very few and yourselves, in any situation, is a complete ******* , and they are usually of low intelligence as well. i hope that more reasonable cops will come about, as those that are out there right now are real pricks, and have no moral judgement, only know strict right an wrong.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 11:40 PM   #14
Fostang
Registered Member

Judging from the fact that in order to be a "patrol officer" in a local p.d. all you need is a highschool diploma and a ten month acadamy that is mostly a joke, couldn't really expect all that much from them. I have already decided to join the D.E.A. when I finish college wish more officers decided to go through college before going into the job market. Did you know plenty of them don't know what the definition of a crime or public offence is. Food for thought.

------------------
Old 06-05-2001, 11:59 PM   #15
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yea dont get me wrong, they are starting the no cruise thing here in some areas, but thats because of the idiots shooting at people, and the cops run us out of certain places, at certain times, we just end up going somewhere else, of course until the idiot in the civic that feels the need to do the pb burnout in the lot, then the laws come

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
Old 06-06-2001, 12:01 AM   #16
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I think the size of the town may have to do with the concern of cops busting Hangouts and Racing.

I used to live in Pittsburg PA (Lived there for 15 years, in a suburb called New Kensington) Its a small town, and the cops break up the hangouts and bust anyone they catch racing. There really bad about that.

Here in Fayetteville, the cops dont really bother us at the hangouts unless some unwelcomed moron starts blasting music, or spinning tires and doing donuts.

As for racing here in Fayetteville, I've seen quite a few Law enforcement agents while in a race, and only twice did they pursue. Once I pulled over and got busted, the later time I ran and got out of sight.

Seems to me like they have other things on there mind, or have more important things to do. I imagine that things would change if a street race turned fatal, or inoccent people were hurt. Luckily here in Fayetteville that hasnt happened yet and there is no public outcry to stop racing.

I know tons of people whom are in law enforcement, and I respect them, I respect most law enforcements officers, most of the ones I know are Muscle car nuts and they even street race. One of them said he would feel like a hipacrit if he pulled someone over for racing, even though he has the law to uphold.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 12:21 AM   #17
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yea, cops have to do their job, but if a couple kids racing on a dark backroad with hardly no traffic, let the guys go for god sakes! dont pull your guns, and tell their girlfriends there not gonna see their b-friends for a long time, and all that crap i have heard, and seen, but if they are endagering the public, then they should be pulled over, like doing 120 on a packed highway, thats just stupid.

we actually have to let our spot calm down a bit, someone caused a pileup over there, not race related, but there was some stangs and camaros involved, and not far some idiot was going a 100 mph, clipped a 18 wheeler, and rolled his car killing himself, and they had to cut his g/f out, and our connections tipped us off, that there will be a "crackdown" which includes handing out lots of tickets just for standing around. sux, but we will race somewhere else.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:13 PM   #18
Hounddawg
Registered Member

Exclamation

Where I'm originally from in Texas, The local cops know all about the local street races every friday night, yet they never write any tickets. The worst thing they do is break it up at about 3 in the morning after about 5 to 6 hours of good hard racing. Now thats what I call "good" police work!
Hounddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 10:03 PM   #19
1astrsk
Registered Member

You mean everyone doesnt automatically respect me because I am a cop???
There are a few hundred thousand cops and several hundred ways to police. For me, I usually let the person I am dealing with dictate the mood of the contact. I imagine if you go into a contact with an officer with the mindset that "all cops are pigs" you probably are not going to have a pleasant contact with the officer. Its called prejudice and its a no win situation. I have been a cop for 7 years and the only person I ever arrested for racing ran across the front yard of a house before taking out a swingset. I imagine nobody here would have an argument with that arrest. Thank god no children were playing in the yard at the time.
I'm not going to pretend that all cops are going to "be nice" and some can be downright jerks at times. It's like every job, there are good and bad.
BTW, if a citizen calls me because a bunch of cars are parked on his/her property or are being loud or racing I have to do something about it. I do my best to not be a jerk about it but there is always a streetcorner laywer in the bunch who tries to tell me what I can or can't do (usually the "all cops are pigs" guy). This usually forces me to be a jerk. Please--don't do this and everyone goes home happy.
If your going to street race use your heads and don't drive past your abilities. Stay safe and if you do get pulled over don't be a jerk. You went into it knowing it was illegal. Of course I don't condone street racing and advise you to take it to a track.

[This message has been edited by 1astrsk (edited 06-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1astrsk (edited 06-13-2001).]
1astrsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 11:04 PM   #20
gp001
Registered Member

Cops always get a bum deal. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Unfortunatly, people have little (or no) respect for others and when they get in a large group they do stupid things. Look at all the "Sports Riots". Robbing, looting, vandalizing because your sports team won? Makes no sense. The same applies to street racing. We've all seen it, there's those clowns that wants to show that his 15 second car can do a big peg leg burnout, or a donut, or worse. The cops have to play the numbers. There's a percentage of morons in every group. When the numbers in the group increase, so does the number of morons. When you get enough morons together nothing good happens. Cops have to shut it down BEFORE it gets out of control. Cops know where these things happen, just beware when they know "WHEN" & where.
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote