MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Default Other Import Kills? Any Domestic?

Not to be a jack *** but racing against Hondas isnt even a contest most of the time. I admit there is the occasional one that suprises you but for the most part *yawn*

I dont usually bother racing them, tho i rarely get revved on since my car looks more or less stock aside from the wheels and the stance from my suspension setup. Now they might hear my car if they werent listening to BOOM BOOM BAA BOOM!! but oh well.

Some of my More interesting races include a Blown Mustang, a couple of vettes, a Modded to all hell GSX, a 1996 Stealth TT (this was when i had my Stealth, was a fun race First Gen vs Second).
a handful of LS1 and LT1 F-bodies that had powerdyne or Vortec superchargers. Then of course my Friends and thier cars. And wierd but true i know a guy wtih a 1999 Volvo S80 T6 with Triptronic Automatic pushin 460whp with "BPU" upgrades. That was kind of fun a 12 sec Volvo.

Got my Doors blown off by a full drag 1968 Camaro (8 sec small block) i Know the guy i jsut ran him for fun, knew id loose. Ive also lost to a TT 5.0 he was also more or less full drag (low 10's)
Ive lost to a few other cars including a couple GN's

I proudly admit i loose. nobody is perfect. Plus i race just for fun i like loosing as much as winning.

1996 SC300 5spd ~"Some Mods" **cough**

1987 Pontiac Fiero Project. Ask for Details
ItzDaLexus300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default TT Supra

The fastest imported car I've ever lined up against at the track was a 2000- 2001 TT Supra. I talked to this guy in the pits before we ever lined up. He had never run at the track before.

When we lined up , the car before me was a Honda who drove directly into the water box to do his little fwd burn out. Of course he dragged water all the way to the line. The track yokels didn't do much to remove the unwanted water.

When the third yellow lit, I nailed it. Of course with the water on the line (I don't do burn outs with street tires), my car went absolutely sideways. I was pointed directly at the new Supra with my engine screaming at 6000 RPM. I had to let off to straighten out. I hit it again with the same results....sideways. After that, I just gave up and puttered on down the track.

The sad part is, I would have had a chance against this inexperienced guy in the TT Supra. I talked to him afterwards and he ran only a 13.6.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Hmmm it seems i have someone to test my new setup against....

Powerdyne 351Windsor vs mr lexus....

but of course thats when i have my setup complete..

http://geocities.com/team340maxim

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
JBA Headers, Bassani X-Pipe
Mac 3' Catback system.
ImportKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:37 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

I've lined up against Maxima's and CL's quite regularly. Ran an M3 in my old 240z one time. I didn't even think he was going to race, but man was that fun. Did better than I expected.

Most of the time I don't run people for that long. The police presence is pretty heavy, and they are really strict. I work right by UCI, which has one of the most Asain student bodies nationwide. You can guess what I see a lot of. Don't run any of them though.

I have seen some nice Skylines, Rx7's and Supra's (mkIV?) running around. I hear rumors the real car from the F&F (Supra) is down here somewhere, although it has been painted.

My first expected loss to an import is my buddies WRX. Unless he muffs out on the launch, I don't really stand a chance.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:44 PM   #5
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

Default Re: Other Import Kills? Any Domestic?

Quote:
Originally posted by ItzDaLexus300
Some of my More interesting races include a Blown Mustang, a couple of vettes, a Modded to all hell GSX, a 1996 Stealth TT (this was when i had my Stealth, was a fun race First Gen vs Second).
a handful of LS1 and LT1 F-bodies that had powerdyne or Vortec superchargers
Hope that quote worked....... Now my question is, are you saying you've beat all of these cars, obviously aside from the Stealth, in your Lexus? I'm not calling BS or anything because well I don't know the car. One thing I do know is that the heavy SC400's are running a Lex V8. I just find it a little hard to believe that you beat all of those. I also don't know what it runs at the track, haven't seen any slips or dyno #'s or what kind of performance
mods you have. Please clear this up for me. Sorry if there is any misunderstanding, I'm not trying to be an *********

Matt

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:58 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

Matt, his car is an sc300 which came with basically a Supra 6-speed minus turbo. I can't find where he wrote it, but there is a lot of work into the car, and it sounds sweet. He may have a dyno sheet he can post, but I belive he quoted the power number over 500rwhp. That, and the steeper gears imports typically come with would put him ahead of a lot of cars down the 1320.

ItzDaLexus300-do you have some pics/dyno sheet that we can see? I'm intersted to see how much of a sleeper could be left with all that work.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:59 AM   #7
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Im working on it. I recently had my computer crash and im still having problems with it loosing files and having memory problems. i will get some up as soon as i can for you.

Yes i ahve beaten those cars, but not by much. If you read carefully im saying these cars are pretty much challenging and a lot of those cars i have named have turned right around and beat me.

yes i have an SC300 as it says in my signature, which is as Deuce said the same platform as the MK4 supra tho it comes with the W58 5spd instead of the Getrag 6spd. tho the 6spd does swap in with only shortening of the drive shaft by 2" required. I plan on this soon.

And i wish people would just read my freakin signature where it says SC300 not GS.... but oh well not my fault. (Gilmor directed)

I honestly dont care if people think my car is slow because it is a lexus i drive it because i love it and its fun in its own right.

Deuce the thread i posted in is here http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...3&pagenumber=2 fourth from the bottom.

that isnt a complete list just gives a basic idea of what is done id be glad to type it all out in detail if you so want it. Doesnt bother me.

And yea the older supras were fast for thier day and can be fast for relatively little. the MK1 Supra (Celica Supra) weighs in at a whopping 2300lbs the MK2 as Inferno said about 2700-2800 depending and the MK3 Turbo the heaviest at 3790lbs (ouch)

Second i gave up street racing a while ago ever since i lost my friend, most of my races are done at controlled tracks tho sometimes i still get at it on the highway. I also never said if those were all drag races. If you read some of my other posts i mention that i am a road course racer. i wont lie that i have put a lot into my car but to me it was worth it.

As i mentiioned before ill try and get some pics etc up as soon as i can.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:01 AM   #8
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Oh i also forgot to add, instead oif flaming on me because i own a lexus why dont you just stick to the topic which was asking you what kind of cars you have beaten/lost to.

Old 10-16-2002, 07:26 AM   #9
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Rev, the U.S. model TT Supra's were made from 1993 to 1998
Old 10-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #10
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Not to switch the subject - it's kind of on the same lines, but I'm really interested to see what the new Nissan Z is going to run. The commericals are cool, I think. I would like to line-up against one at my local track just to see what they can do. Anyone know?

Back on the topic --> I ran against a completely gutted Prelude with some sort of 'special' japanese engine in it. It was import night and all the import drivers were hanging around the car all night, so I popped on over for a quick look. Having no idea what I was looking at in the engine bay, I walked back over to my car and hit the lanes.

I ended up racing the guy...he ran a low 14 as I remember. Not much of a race, but it was fun.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:58 PM   #11
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Yea the new 350z would give a new Mustang GT a run for its money. the mustang will most likely win in a drag race, but not by much. so far in comparison tests the 350z runs about 14 flat on average. which is what its twin turbo brother did in the early 90's. ~Amazing what happens when you drop 500lbs off a car. 287HP 3.5L V6 N/A is also impressive but im sure there is more to come.

My Verdict as far as performance.

Drag Race = Mustang but not by a whole lot
Road course race = 350z by a slight edge.

Old 10-17-2002, 08:58 PM   #12
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

I hope you weren't refering to me as one of the people flaming you. And I also wouldn't be SO defensive about your car......not everyone is out to try to prove you wrong. The only reasons I asked what I did is because it's not everyday you see or hear about a Lexus beating cars of that caliber. So like I said relax and don't be so gd defensive.

And about the topic, I haven't really had any unusual or interesting races. On the street, I've only raced 3 times, beat an 89 and a 96 Mustang, both GT's and lost to a 1G Talon. On the track I've only won once lol and every race has been against another Mustang. I've lost to 2 96-98 Cobra's, 1 99-02 Cobra, 1 99-02 GT. My only win was against a 97 Cobra. I REALLY want to run up against an LT1. Today I was in my g/f's 00 V6 vert and this kid in an LT1 starts revving up n down me like I was competition for him!! GOD I wish I was in my 5 when that happened!!

Matt

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Rice Hater's Club #36
Old 10-18-2002, 12:36 AM   #13
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

i know i dont have to be defensive but i also kinda like a good argument

Sounds fun, tha tmust have been one interesting 1g Talon/ was it a TSi AWD?

Old 10-18-2002, 03:23 PM   #14
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

Actually the TSi was the shortest race. I don't think it was AWD but couldn't tell cuz we went from a roll. He was def boosting more than stock, was lowered and had a fart can. My g/f says I didn't loose cuz her mom called and she couldn't hear her mom on the phone so I let off and he was a ahead but about a 1/2-1 car. I still consider it a loss, but oh well. The kid looked the typical ricer, he was wear and wife beater and had a visor haning from his rear view......you gotta love it!

Rice Hater's Club #36