View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 08:34 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
The price seems to vary quite a bit depending on who you get it from. The drag racing k-members tend to run alot cheaper and are lighter, but they are not as laterally stiff as those sold by Griggs racing, Kenny Brown, and Maximum Motorsports. I have a D&D Motorsports k-member (not the drag-only, the street/strip model) and arms because they were one of the few companies that made one for the newer cars at the time I bought it and I couldn't afford the Griggs setup at the time. I think I paid around $700 for the k-member, tubular arms, and coilover kit. Since my main aim with my car is to carve corners, in hindsight I would probably get one of the roadracing setups I mentioned above. Again, those are not as light as some of the others but are probably better for cornering loads and a bit more durable should you run into anything.
I bent my stock k-member in an accident when the car was fairly new, so all the labor was done by the body shop and paid for by insurance. I'll take a look at the final estimate when I get home this evening and see if I can make sense enough of the R&I labor to give you an idea of what it should cost if you were to have it done at a shop.
Cool, thanks, let me know.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote