MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lost to 2 imports... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=23451)

FivepointOH 05-09-2002 01:03 AM

Lost to 2 imports...

Coming home from my friends after finishing up our rear seat delete kit on both our cars(he has a 93gt, I will post some pics of the rear seat delete if any1 is intrested it was real easy to do and dropped a good 50lbs of weight off the car)...i see wrx headlights coming up on me. I've been wanting to race one for a while now. There is a civic pacing him and as it goes by I hear the turbo on the civic too. The wrx and civic go at it first and the wrx pulls him slowly. The civic slows down to run me. I get the jump and downshift into a good rpm and get a car out. The civic is slowly gaining back but only makes it to my door b4 we shutdown for traffic. We go again this time I don't get a jump and he slowly pulls ahead of me to about a 3/4 car lead. I could see lots of gauges inside his car and hear the blowoff valve when he shifted. It was a pretty quick car especially top end but I think I could have taken him from a stop in the 1/4 or it would have been damn close. The civic moved out of the way and me and the wrx lined up. Again I got a little jump and hit 2nd at some good rpms and pulled a car ahead... the wrx gained ground till he was even with me and we had to let off(he caught up a little faster than the civic) we went again and this time he got the jump and caught me at a bad rpm and pulled a car pretty quick and I let off. Pulled up next to the wrx and asked him what he had, he said cold air and boost controller(is this the thing that lets u turn up the boost?), he said his best so far was a 13.9. Nice car cool guy... I NEED SOME MORE MODS though, i've been losing a lot lately. :mad:

Unit 5302 05-09-2002 01:12 AM

Have to respect the turbo cars. I had a turbo early 90s? Prelude that gave me quite a run. I was expecting him to be a pushover, (I was actually paying more attention to the Vette who didn't run me). I was in 2nd gear from a 20 punch and he was pulling away. Cripes, took me to the middle of 3rd to get by him.

Rice Hunter 05-09-2002 07:05 AM

No shame in losing to a turbo'd or supercharged car, man. You'll get them sooner or later:D . My brother pulled up to me in his prelude and I was in my old 94GT. I had beaten him plenty of times. So I decided to really punch it and blow him away. Well, I hadn't seen him in a while (he was away in the Air Force), and he pulled passed me. I'm not saying my driving is great or it sucks, but I couldn't understand it. Later he told me that he recently had it supercharged. Those little b@st@rds are quick! Haha, oh well. It broke down within 2000miles and destroyed his engine. Shotty craftsmanship or something. He now has a Firebird:p .

Hammer 05-09-2002 09:20 AM

Well, we all lose from time to time...

Heck, just strap on some forced induction yourself and show them that 8 cylinders are better than 4! ;)

polara7777 05-09-2002 09:40 AM

I used to have a little turbo car. It was a blast. Was even a Ford. For the most part anyway. It was an 87 1/2 Merkur XR4Ti. If anyone ever wants a fast 4 to go play with rice pick that one. Driving it down a dry road the rear end (yes rear wheel drive even) would break out if you let the RPMs build up too high. Slap it into the next gear and the *** would slap right back straight. That was a fun car. Supposedly did about 140 from the factory. Never had mine that fast though. Did take it down gravel roads at about 90. Kept straight as an arrow. I think I may get one again before too long. Go humiliate some ricers. (For the extra sleeper effect the car kind of looks like a tempo on steroids.)

FivepointOH 05-09-2002 12:00 PM

Yeah I would love to get some forced induction for my car but my college student budget won't permit it.... i'm thinking about running a 50 or 75 shot so I don't get beat by anymore imports. ;)