MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I bought a new Mustang! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=39910)

fastang 10-26-2003 03:46 PM

I bought a new Mustang!

My girlfriend works for a Ford dealership and for some reason she said lets go look at the mustangs. So we looked and they just happened to have a car that fit.
Its a bright red 98 GT coupe, manual transmission, magna flow exhaust, am fm cassete cd, leather with only 61k miles on it. Its really flawless and I will be paying less a month for this car than I was for my Hyundai. The insurance is even cheaper.
I really dont like the early 4.6's in general because they arent very quick but this one seems to be a little quicker than most. It feels like my 5.0 did when it was stock...and it hit a 14.67 @ 96mph bone stock.
I didnt realize how much I missed my stang untill I drove this one for a while. Almost put a tear in my eye. Feels good to be back. I didnt post very much after I got the Tiburon but I will be here much more often now.

91LX2Bfast 10-26-2003 06:37 PM

Congrats on the new car. Don't worry about the 4.6L, a few well chosen mods will have your pony running with the best. Stock it should equal the 14.6 of your 5.0. We'll see you in the modular forum. Good Luck.

The Deuce 10-26-2003 06:38 PM

Nice.

The magnaflow picks up a little hp on the mod cars, and you may have gotten lucky and picked up one with some gear. the 2.73's in that car would put it at 75mph and 2000 rpm.

97scharged 10-26-2003 07:50 PM

Welcome back to the fold.:)

Fox Body 10-26-2003 08:17 PM

*getting misty-eyed*

Group hug.

The prodigal son has returned. :D

Happy for you fastang, really am. Those cars LOVE aftermarket.

fastang 10-26-2003 11:37 PM

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Im glad to be back. I dont think this car has gears in it. Its quick though, maybe its chipped. It doesnt even have a CAI kit. I still have a new cai kit from my 95. Im going to see if the filter is the same and swap them if it is.
Im defintitely not swapping heads or cams on this thing. I probably wont even put headers on it. I just want a blower and gear set and Im done with power mods. Im gonna put clear corners on the front. lower it a little and be done.:D

sedanman 10-29-2003 11:49 AM

Sounds like fun, but I would swap heads put the PI heads on hell its factory equipment so driveablility won't be a issue, just stick with the stock cams, do that a H-pipe and gears and you will have a very fun car.

ArtMan 10-29-2003 04:31 PM

All right!

Congrats fastang, that's great news.

Check for gears - if not throw in some 4.10s first. And aahhh no need for the clears=:p

fastang 10-29-2003 09:05 PM

isnt the cpu different between the 98 and 99+ mustangs? I seriously dont want any stalling or surging idle crap. I might put an H pipe on it. Gears are for sure in the future. This car just runs soo smooth now that Im afraid to mess with it. Right now im looking at cold air kits and the zex wet nitrous kit. Blowers are pretty expensive and they use your gas up LOL.
Either way thanks for the welcome back guys.

EZRIDN 10-30-2003 08:57 AM

Congrates!!! I really have always liked those years. I love the factory 17 inch rims that come on those cars. Have fun with it. Get the off-road X-pipe (no drone on the highway), 3.73's, a shifter and have fun for a while. I love the way those 4.6s' sound! I'd like to have one next to the LS1.

I remember the issues you had with the '95 GT. So just enjoy this for a while man. Don't get caught up in tryin to be faster than everyone right now. Sounds like a nice car and you wanna keep it that way!

fastang 10-30-2003 10:02 PM

EZRIDIN hit the nail right on the head that time. If I get an x pipe its gonna have cats on it and be 50 state legal though. I just want to keep this car nice. Im probably going to get the zex kit, gears and a cai. Ill wont use the juice very much. Its cheaper and makes more sense.

91LX2Bfast 10-31-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by fastang
.....This car just runs soo smooth now that Im afraid to mess with it.....
.... I just want to keep this car nice.....

Been there... said that ;)
Once a performance junkie, always a performance junkie. It'll start with one part... then another to build upon the first... and just snowball from there. Have fun:p

fastang 10-31-2003 04:21 PM

Yeah...its kinda like an alcoholic saying "Ill only have one beer" But this time I mean it LOL. No heads no cams, just nitrous or blower and gears.

Skyman 10-31-2003 06:21 PM

Damn Jesse Nice, damn 96mph is reallllllllllly good for a 96-98 2v stang, did you goto carlsbad? I need to get a newer stang myself too.

Think about that 99 heads swap :-D

fastang 10-31-2003 11:32 PM

No I didnt run this car Sky, I just said that this car feels like my 95 did when it was stock...and my 95 hit a 14.6 @96mph without powershifting. I think my new GT will hit a good 14 though. Launch it well in first and stay on top of the band it moves very well. Or if you drop a gear it picks up quick.

Skyman 11-15-2003 08:35 PM

Just picked up a 99 myself! Help me not get a blower.

fastang 11-16-2003 07:48 PM

SWEET....get a blower anyway. Why are you selling the other car? Dont you like it?

Skyman 11-17-2003 12:06 PM

Just need to cut back to 1 car, too much $$$

fastang 11-18-2003 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
Just need to cut back to 1 car, too much $$$
BAH! Your Bill Gates:D I totaly understand.