MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   You know your tune is bad when...... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=40366)

Ackbar00 11-24-2003 09:56 PM

You know your tune is bad when......

...... You get beat by a C5 Vert vette on the highway. I always complain how No one wants to **** with the stang. Well tonight this older guy in this C5 wanted some bad. So I nail it in 4th and it just did not fell right, Sputtering a little and just rich as can be. I let off at around 140 (My guage, I assume it is off) and he was glued to me. So we switch spots with me following him and same thing, just does not fell good, so I back off and let him get away. First time I have ever lost in the stang and I am not happy about it:mad: Espically after I just put all this money in it. Oh Yeah, I think the C5 was stock:mad:

EZRIDN 11-24-2003 10:02 PM

What new stuff have you done? Nevermind...turbo? Single?

fastang 11-25-2003 04:07 AM

Ellis is a ***** on the highway....They just scream up top.

jonnyk 11-25-2003 11:09 AM

That doesn't sound too good man. What is your tune like?

sedanman 11-25-2003 06:13 PM

Yeah what's your tune?

Coupe50h 11-25-2003 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyk
That doesn't sound too good man. What is your tune like?
What is it like?????
Obviously not good enough to take a c5......

sure it wasnt a z06??

Dude, there is a guy down here with a single proturbokits turbo stang, i believe it has a stock cam, 306, edelbrock heads, ported cobra intake, 3.55 gears, rollcage, pretty streetable, but he doesnt see the street a whole lot, but it goes 10.50's @ 130+ his car is in good tune though.....:) when you get some dyno time you'll be rapeing c5's...... man you just put it together, you'll get there.
The guy i mentioned above, went from mid 11's to mid 10's with the same setup, took some dyno time, and track time.

Ackbar00 11-26-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Coupe50h
What is it like?????
Obviously not good enough to take a c5......

sure it wasnt a z06??

Dude, there is a guy down here with a single proturbokits turbo stang, i believe it has a stock cam, 306, edelbrock heads, ported cobra intake, 3.55 gears, rollcage, pretty streetable, but he doesnt see the street a whole lot, but it goes 10.50's @ 130+ his car is in good tune though.....:) when you get some dyno time you'll be rapeing c5's...... man you just put it together, you'll get there.
The guy i mentioned above, went from mid 11's to mid 10's with the same setup, took some dyno time, and track time.

It was a vert, and as far as I know, they dont make Z06 is vert form. Hell, it could ahve had a 200 fogger shot on it for all I know:)

Do you know this guys email address? I would really like to talk to him.

srv1 11-26-2003 07:50 PM

Re: You know your tune is bad when......

Quote:

Originally posted by Ackbar00
...... You get beat by a C5 Vert vette on the highway. I always complain how No one wants to **** with the stang. Well tonight this older guy in this C5 wanted some bad. So I nail it in 4th and it just did not fell right, Sputtering a little and just rich as can be. I let off at around 140 (My guage, I assume it is off) and he was glued to me. So we switch spots with me following him and same thing, just does not fell good, so I back off and let him get away. First time I have ever lost in the stang and I am not happy about it:mad: Espically after I just put all this money in it. Oh Yeah, I think the C5 was stock:mad:
I went to your site. I read your mods and then I read this:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...965_4_full.jpg

Now I got thinking. It doesnt add up. You should be pushing way more power than that. Heck I can get close to that with a 306, your heads and intake if not more. Any one else chime in and correct me if I am wrong. Actually I think MM&FF with a carb, intake, cam, stock P heads pushed 320 something at the crank. Huh maybe I am wrong :confused:

James:cool:

jonnyk 11-26-2003 08:20 PM

You're right...but I believe those are his all motor times and dyno #'s.
With a good tune and proper fuel system that turbo should be adding at least 150 rwhp to those numbers.

Ackbar00 11-26-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Exactamundo!!

Hell, drove it today, it spins the tires in forth gear, now go figure:confused: :p

Coupe50h 11-27-2003 03:25 PM

I really dont know his e-mail, but his dad works at our local track so i'll ask him, he really aint big on telling people his combo, but i'll see what kind of tune he has anyway...
last i saw him run that coupe, he was popping at the exhaust everytime he shifted, because he was hitting the rev limiter, he has the stock ecu and limiter!! i believe he dyno'd 478 rwhp 500+ torque, or something close to that, you can find him on www.texasracingscene.com SOMETIMES, he rarely post there, but if you want to get on there, and go to the ford section, you might find this other guy, his scrname is '1fastz' but he is the guy that had his car in mm&ff latest issue, it is the saleen clone car with the turbo, he can help you, and he'll talk to through e-mails, he's a good guy, then again he might just tell you top get on a dyno since he owns a dynojet :) good luck

Ackbar00 11-27-2003 09:28 PM

I know who you are talking about. Jesus, we are not even in the same class. His car dynoed like 865RWHP!! I might as well try and compare it to my brothers car:D Thanks anyway Coupe, I am going to work on the blowby issue over the winter, PTK gave me some ideas.

EZRIDN 11-28-2003 04:02 PM

http://forums.mustangworks.com/attac...?postid=279464

You know what they say! It was probaly a A4, 2.73 geared LS1 that had the air blasting and he was at 1/4 throttle and didn't know you were racing. Mustang guys will never learn....You cannot beat an LS1!

Just kidding man. Get that tune right and destroy 'em!!

srv1 11-28-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

With a good tune and proper fuel system that turbo should be adding at least 150 rwhp to those numbers.

Sorry you lost me. That is without his turbo? Just wanted to make it clear. Heck he could squeeze out more ponies without that turbo. I want to see his times with the turbo.

Ackbar00 11-29-2003 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
I want to see his times with the turbo.

Me too:D

302 LX Eric 12-01-2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ackbar00
Me too:D
Me three! :D

Seriously, good luck getting everything worked out. At least it sounds like you're ahead of schedule considering you were talking about having it ready next summer. Keep us posted.

E