MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   First kill (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31219)

97scharged 11-15-2002 12:16 AM

First kill

Hey guys, I usually don't post too often but I thought I would share my first kill in my mustang. I'm going to work at about 4:30 on Sunday morning not really cruising all that fast and pass this late 80's early ninety's corvette (I guess a c4?) at about 60. I would say not a minute later, he comes roaring up and revs at me. Well, it's pretty early in the morning and I'm a little nervous since I've never actually street raced so I just try to ignore him. Next thing you know he floors it and it is f***in loud as hell! I decide screw it, let's see what this mustang can really do. So he's already about a car and a half on me by the time I react. I slowly start reeling him in and when we shut down at about 120 I have a car on him easy. I get off at the exit where my job is and he follows right behind me. We find another open stretch and start this time from a 20 mph roll. We raced to about 80 and I had like two cars on him! To be honest, I was very surprised. He was cool though, we stopped and talked for a bit. He said he was going to strap some nitrous on it. I had some doubts about my car from all the things I read about it's performance potential, but I don't doubt it anymore.:)
A list of my mods that I know about: Vortech S-trim, trex fuel pump, k and n intake, upgraded injectors I think and new tires.

Rice Hunter 11-15-2002 01:16 AM

Good kill

... 4:30am??? Sunday? What do you do?

You purchased the car with the power adders on it already and aren't sure everything it has? You should find out everything that has been done to the car, just in case something goes wrong.

Green93notch 11-18-2002 09:21 AM

deff good kill congrats on the 1st one.. 1st one is always great to win :D

1969Mach1 11-18-2002 12:49 PM

Congrats on the kill!
Yeh I would definetly find out what's been done to your car. Sounds like the car was done up abit. :D I wonder what gears you got in the back.

§am.

Ackbar00 11-19-2002 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rice Hunter
Good kill

... 4:30am??? Sunday? What do you do?

No shitt. Thats just to early.:cool:

NotchJohnson 11-19-2002 11:53 AM

Unless you are the pastor for the 5 AM church service, I would say those are wierd hours dude. Awesome kill though! - John

97scharged 11-20-2002 01:37 PM

I work as a merchandiser for Coca Cola. Basically I just restock soda in supermarkets. We just start early on the weekends. I still have the stock gears in the car, I have the 3.27's I believe. The reason I don't know much about the car is that I bought it from a friend who inherited it from his father who passed away. I have all the receipts for all the things he bought for it, but truthfully I don't know all that much about mustang performance parts. A lot of fun to drive though.:)