MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-06-2002, 10:54 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation Pulled next to a Modded Supra at a light...

It was red, had a bunch of stickers and a big fart pipe. I pulled next to him. I let the car idle up a bit before the light went green, he looked over at me, and I looked at him.

The light went green and....

NOTHING absolutely nothing!!

I started off, but noticed he did go and shut down right away. He wouldn't pull next to me again, didn't do a fly by or nothing. It was like he was scared or somthing??

I guess that is the cool thing about Mustangs, you never know when you are going to come accross a real fast one. He must have and didn't want to gamble again!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
bobtodd
Registered Member

A lot of those Supra's are pretty quick arent they?...if they are TT? I downloaded a video the other day off of Morpheus that showed a modded one dynoing over 800hp....it sounded pretty tough. But then again an 800hp mustang would sound even tougher.
91 LX - 10.5:1 pistons, ported 289 heads, Ultradyne 588 cam, Cobra upper/lower, MSD, JBA long tube headers, Flowmaster, Richmond 4:10, roll cage, monster tach...FUN!!

95 SHO - K&N filter
bobtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 03:58 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

If the owner knows what he's doing, a modded Supra is DANGEROUS! 95mustanggt, maybe the Supra guy was scared of cops? Congrats on the intimidation kill!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 03:52 PM   #4
PGkelly
Registered Member

don't underestimate supras, or any other of the big japanese high-performance cars....then again, not very many of them were actually forced induction, so the odds you will run into one that is actually a TT is fairly slim.

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 01:01 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it was a non turbo and he didnt want to look like a dumbass. Even so, those Hapanese Shoopercars really arent THAT quick stock.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 06:45 PM   #6
SprchrgdPony
Registered Member

Hmm... did you happen to notice if it had chrome 17" wheels that look stock? If it was an Auto TT he would have held with you off the line and beat you. If it was a Stick, he might have spun but regardless he would have beat you unless you were gonna shut down at under 100mph. With less then 1500 in mods, they run deep in the 12's. Will be lining up a 94 Supra that is BPU (Basic Performance Upgrade) that dyno'd 420rwhp on race gas. Oh since im new, here are the mods on the stang we'll be running the supra with..

94 GT.. DSS Bullet 306.. TRW Forged DSS Pistons.. Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads.. Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake.. F303 Cam.. 36# Injectors.. BBK 70mm Throttle Body.. Paxton SN93 Supercharger.. AFM 4 Inch powerpipe.. Pro-M 75mm MAF.. Paxton FPR.. (44psi FP @ Idle, 53psi @ WOT).. BBK Shortie Headers.. BBK O/R X-pipe (Catted), 30 Series Flowmasters.. King Cobra Clutch..Steeda TriAx Shifter.. Aluminum Driveshaft.. HPM Driveshaft Loop.. 3.73 Posi.. HPM Megabite Jr. Lower control arms.. HPM Adjustable Upper control arms.. Kenny Brown SFC.. Hotchkis C/C Plates.. Custom Sway Bars.. Aluminum 2-Core Radiator.. Oil Cooler.. and some misc things. Should dyno 450+ @ 8#'s boost on Pump gas.
¤ 88 GT - "Project Grey Trash" & Looking For NOS!
¤ 69 Cougar - Its Primer.. Cams Hard.. And Loud..need i say more?

-In the S.Fla Area (Miami, Broward, Palm Beach) and wanna join a Mustang club? E-mail me @ CaLLnMeJeSuS@aol.com and Let me know!

¤ TCH Racing !!!
SprchrgdPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:24 AM   #7
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea, i think that will take em, whats the compression on that 306?

I posted a while back about my friends trickflow'd 347, carbed motor, ran low 12's n/a, we ran a modded bpu supra with 3 of us in the car, around 120+ mph the supra walked away from us, my buddy was afraid of the 150 shot, so he shut it down, but the stang would kill it in the 1/4 on motor, it was an all forged internals, 4.10 gear'd coupe, that could hang a tire in the air.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:46 AM   #8
ME FST 1
Registered Member

Will (SprchrgdPony), you shouldn't be pickin on that guy You need to find some real competition
good luck bud!!!
let me know what happens.
ME FST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 06:59 AM   #9
SprchrgdPony
Registered Member

Whats up Chris?! How you liking that T78???? Getting the mustang in the *Turbo Dreams 3* Video.. gonna be shooting in about 2-3 weeks. Should be fun..will probably end up going against the APU guys on video

Coupe5oh.. its an 8.8:1 Compression motor... TRW Forged 4.030 Pistons.. Fully blue printed & balanced block.. etc. This race will be in full street trim for the stang.. which means it will be on the same Timing it is now, 93 octane pump gas, nothing special. Just a little Boost Retard adjusting.. changed the oil today and found some metal flakes in it.. so im pretty sure the rings are shot now (also have some blow by coming through the oil breather).. it should be boosting 8-10#'s and shouldnt have a problem holding the supra off til 130.

I will either have someone in my car video'ing or someone in his car to video it and ill be sure to have it posted.

Will
¤ 88 GT - "Project Grey Trash" & Looking For NOS!
¤ 69 Cougar - Its Primer.. Cams Hard.. And Loud..need i say more?

-In the S.Fla Area (Miami, Broward, Palm Beach) and wanna join a Mustang club? E-mail me @ CaLLnMeJeSuS@aol.com and Let me know!

¤ TCH Racing !!!
SprchrgdPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #10
ME FST 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SprchrgdPony
How you liking that T78????
I LOVE IT!!! This thing spools like a monster and sounds like a jet plane! Gotta love an open wastegate I've only had it out twice since the install (damn IL chicago winters). I can't keep the tires from lighting up even past 60mph The lag is not that bad at all. With the 6spd, its alittle easier to get it into the powerband. I hope to have some video of it soon. Along with some track runs. That 11.7 on the stock twins will be a thing of the past.

Quote:
Should be fun..will probably end up going against the APU guys on video
Thats what I'm talkin about! Show them what a stang is all about baby! God, I miss all of mine!
ME FST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 03:11 PM   #11
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

About a year and a half ago, a supra (big wing, chromed wheels, folgers can, and an HKS windshield decal) pulled up to me at a stoplight in Langley, I look at the lower part of the front end and see silver and think, front mounted intercooler, I'm screwed. Anyways I go and take a 1/2 car lead and expect him to blow on by, instead, he's in my mirror and falling fast.

I went to Mission raceway park last fall, just to watch and see how it's done at the dragstrip before going there to race myself and I see the same supra turning 14.7's went to the pit area and had a closer look, turns out that it was a front mounted OIL COOLER and it wasn't even a turbo. You never know, the guy you pulled up to might have been a poser with a non turbo supra and a lot of rice.
Old 03-15-2002, 03:57 AM   #12
Friedchicken
Registered Member

red82gt, is Mission open most weekends? Or is there a fee? I've never been there so I have no clue if it's a strip or a course.

I'm putting a deposit on a new 03 cobra and I'd like to take it out for some show-n-tell.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:58 PM   #13
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

FRIEDCHICKEN, Mission has a dragstrip and a roadcoarse. They are running street legal drags there on most fridays starting april 6th. I'm hoping to go to the first one of the season and I wouldn't mind going out there with other first timers so if you're interested send me an email.