MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Thumbs up Put a new SS in the mirror..(long)

Today, and last night i been on a roll, last night a v-teck si civic tried me on the higway, i let her jump first, some chick, car was nice, and a bit ricey, dropped to 3rd at 60 mph and let her see the tailights, ok so i bullied that car.

Today i was coming from a job interview when i pull up to a marroon SS at a light, and with a clean 01-02 black ss behind him, i look over and there is an old woman in the passenger seat reading a book and her elderly husband driving, well i left the light hard, but knew nothing was gonna happen.

Well looky here, the shiny black SS behind them get over behind and catches up, taking it easy we cruised about a mile, and came to a light, a car in front of him made a last minute turn and put us next to eachother at a light, i look over, a young dude about late 20's clean cut, looking cool with his sunglasses, just looks at me like im nothing much, well while hes looking all cocky, the light goes green and i give a quick rev to launch my 10 lbs pressure m/t's sports and left him bad, he did'nt react as quick as i, but i heard his tires squealing right when i took off, we went up to around 90 mph, i redlined 3rd and still had a lead, but heard detonation (dang 89 octane) bye then he was inching closer but still a wayz back, bout 2 cars, all of a sudden we see two cops ahead turning over some RR track's, and both slowed from 90-95 to 40 real quick like, he wouldnt look at me and turned right, and i turned left with a big grin on my face, and stopped to treat my car to some premium fuel it deserves, my car got kinda hot? will have to see what happened on that, (radiator cap i suspect) but was around 98 degrees outside, im a happy guy right now.

im by no means an ls1 killer, but i been known to put them in their place a time or three
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 07:06 PM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Gotta love those slicks... how many cars did you get him in 1st gear with the slicks? I want to run you sometime but on street tires.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 07:26 PM   #3
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

no, no, no, i have sportsman pros, they are treaded tires, but are soft as shizil, they are still a "wrinkle wall" tire suposedly, on ashphalt they hook like crazy, at the track im not doing as well as i would like, but they are cheaper then e.t. streets, and still a 26x10.5 tire, seems like the more they wear, the better they grip.

on the launch i left him so frickin bad you'd think he was an Lt1 lol, but i dont ever mistake those ls1's.

btw, alot of people used to tell me, i'll run you, "but only on street tires" I will never probaly wear another radial again, i have beaten a 'heads and cam mustang hatchback because of stickies, needless to say he wanted a roll after that, he was so pissed he got out of his car and started slamming stuff on the ground lol.

only thing is, these sport pros rub the quad, been lazy and havent flipped it yet, also my mph is slower, it is a bit taller tire than the e.t.s were, i miss e.t.s but they wear out quick.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Awww 2 scared to put on some radials and run? j/k man. Maybe we could run from like a 20 roll then? I'm sure you'll take me but it would be fun. I definately want to go out to the races a lot this fall though.... i'll shoot you a pm when I move back down there next week.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:45 AM   #5
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Quote:
btw, alot of people used to tell me, i'll run you, "but only on street tires" I will never probaly wear another radial again, i have beaten a 'heads and cam mustang hatchback because of stickies, needless to say he wanted a roll after that, he was so pissed he got out of his car and started slamming stuff on the ground lol.
Amen to that! I had a good buddy lend me his ET Streets and I don't even want to drive on street tires anymore. I'm not effraid to race anybody with those on. It's almost brainless, just point and fire!
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote