MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2002, 03:56 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Race vs. Integra

So I'm out cruising around tonight, letting the kaminazo mufflers roar, looking for an asian trophy girlfriend to ride shotgun in the GT. I roll up to a stoplight and there sits this sweet Integra. I ask the backwards capped teen at the wheel if it's a GS-R and he tells me it's an LS! I'm hyped cause a GS-R with mods would be a little too big of a target for my stang, but I think I can hang with an LS...unless he has NOSS. The guy says, "I saw your unpainted metal spoiler. You must be pretty fast..." I told him that before the unpainted metal spoiler, I could get airborn at freeway speeds, so it was really a matter of safety. I ask him, "What you got done to that phat ride?" I hear the words I fear most...."Man, I got intake, exhaust, and....NOSS!!!" I almost peed my pants, but I quickly regain composure and ask if he wants to try his luck vs a stang. He asks what I have done to it, and I lie and say it's pretty much stock with exhaust. LOL, No way I'm telling him about the Tornado Fuel Saver I just installed!! (Don't want to scare him off) So he says, "That all?! Do you know what you're up against, I run 11's all motor, 9's on the NOSS." I told him I knew I'd lose, but I just wanted to try. I can't believe he couldn't hear the Tornado under the hood!
I let the kaminazo's speak for themselves as we both rev it up. Man an LS with exhaust sounds sweet! I was hypnotized by the Greddy magic, and fell asleep at the light. When it went green, he had me by 2 cars. I step on it, and the Tornado goes right to work. I was saving miles per gallon! By the top of third, I was about 5 cars back. He put his hazards on, but somehow I quickly passed him at 90 and he was way back. I guess I just pull too hard up top. Wait, nope, here he comes again, and passes me at 100 and flashes his hazards. The GT had more though, and I passed him again at 110. Then he goes flying by at 120. Man, this was a real battle. Anyway, I lost and to the victor go the spoils. I cruised into the Chevron to get some gas and I saw the LS guy with these 2 gorgeous asian models.
All in all, it was a great race, and the LS guy told me to come over and check out his engine. When I saw it, my jaw dropped. He had NOSS and the Tornado Fuel Saver!! No wonder I lost! Live and learn I guess. Just remember, there's always someone faster, who knows a lot more about racing than you.

Jesus Christ I have way too much time on my hands!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:37 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

HAHAHA... Now that's funny...

Wouldn't this be poetic justice?
Hire a REALLY hot asian model to go up to a ricer's car at one of their hang-outs and start looking at the riciest looking thing she can find. Have her wait for the pimply-faced wanna-be owner to bolt up to the car. Then have her look straight into his eyes and seductively say: "That is absolutely the UGLIEST car I've ever seen". Then have her step over and into your stang as you drive off....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:29 AM   #3
mean81GT
Registered Member

i don't know when to take you seriously stoplightwarrior. i was reading the post, and at first thought it was legit, until the dam tornado fuel managment system. HAHA . seriously though, what do you have done to that car?
Old 02-27-2002, 03:22 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mean81GT
i don't know when to take you seriously stoplightwarrior. i was reading the post, and at first thought it was legit, until the dam tornado fuel managment system. HAHA . seriously though, what do you have done to that car?
My sig used to look like this:

Black 2000 GT Auto
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow After-cat, C&L CAI/ 80mm MAF, Mac 70mm Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears, Custom Tuned Autologic Chip. Steeda Sport Springs, Caster Camber Plates, Subframe Connectors, Strut Tower Brace.

I have NO cosmetic mods to my car. No rims, body kit pieces, tinted windows, etc. I want my GT to look like just another stock GT prey for a z28
Old 03-02-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
gsxkilla
Registered Member

there is no way a naturally asperated integra with intake exhuast will run 11's and 9's with nos
ryan
Old 03-03-2002, 01:23 AM   #6
cilvrwing
Registered Member

Talking

yea huh its possible...maybe even better...didnt u watch the "fast and the furios"...heheheheh
Old 03-03-2002, 04:27 AM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxkilla
there is no way a naturally asperated integra with intake exhuast will run 11's and 9's with nos
ryan
I hope to God you knew I was kidding.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:29 AM   #8
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Dont say never the new ones are V6 acura's and have like 240-260HP in them and do low 14's stock I bet you could get a Low 12 out of it if you go all out That said I dought that there is many that are that fast tho. But Could be.......
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm

Last edited by Stang Runner; 03-03-2002 at 10:38 AM..
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 10:36 AM   #9
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I liked the story!!!
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:45 PM   #10
gsxkilla
Registered Member

im not saying they cant run 11's with like 15 grand put in em but when u just have intake and exhaust they arent going to run fast then 14's and three seconds is huge!
ryan
Old 03-04-2002, 01:59 AM   #11
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxkilla
im not saying they cant run 11's with like 15 grand put in em but when u just have intake and exhaust they arent going to run fast then 14's and three seconds is huge!
ryan
Right, right. But just to verify, you do know that I made the whole story up, don't you? There was no "11" sec integra, and I definitely was not out in my riced out GT.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:52 AM   #12
gsxkilla
Registered Member

it was a nice story but next time dont let the integ beat ya man!
ryan
Old 03-06-2002, 01:29 AM   #13
84LX89GT
Mustangs

DaT wUz A pHaT MadDd TyTE WiCkEd SiCc StOrY...YO!!!!!!!
My Civic runs Tens all day all motor on my stock SPOON enjin YO! Wit' naws it runs high 9's. It cuz o da TORNADO AIR MANAGEMENT sticker dat runs 8 feet along da roof yo!

That was an awesome story StoplightWarrior

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote