View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 03:56 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Race vs. Integra

So I'm out cruising around tonight, letting the kaminazo mufflers roar, looking for an asian trophy girlfriend to ride shotgun in the GT. I roll up to a stoplight and there sits this sweet Integra. I ask the backwards capped teen at the wheel if it's a GS-R and he tells me it's an LS! I'm hyped cause a GS-R with mods would be a little too big of a target for my stang, but I think I can hang with an LS...unless he has NOSS. The guy says, "I saw your unpainted metal spoiler. You must be pretty fast..." I told him that before the unpainted metal spoiler, I could get airborn at freeway speeds, so it was really a matter of safety. I ask him, "What you got done to that phat ride?" I hear the words I fear most...."Man, I got intake, exhaust, and....NOSS!!!" I almost peed my pants, but I quickly regain composure and ask if he wants to try his luck vs a stang. He asks what I have done to it, and I lie and say it's pretty much stock with exhaust. LOL, No way I'm telling him about the Tornado Fuel Saver I just installed!! (Don't want to scare him off) So he says, "That all?! Do you know what you're up against, I run 11's all motor, 9's on the NOSS." I told him I knew I'd lose, but I just wanted to try. I can't believe he couldn't hear the Tornado under the hood!
I let the kaminazo's speak for themselves as we both rev it up. Man an LS with exhaust sounds sweet! I was hypnotized by the Greddy magic, and fell asleep at the light. When it went green, he had me by 2 cars. I step on it, and the Tornado goes right to work. I was saving miles per gallon! By the top of third, I was about 5 cars back. He put his hazards on, but somehow I quickly passed him at 90 and he was way back. I guess I just pull too hard up top. Wait, nope, here he comes again, and passes me at 100 and flashes his hazards. The GT had more though, and I passed him again at 110. Then he goes flying by at 120. Man, this was a real battle. Anyway, I lost and to the victor go the spoils. I cruised into the Chevron to get some gas and I saw the LS guy with these 2 gorgeous asian models.
All in all, it was a great race, and the LS guy told me to come over and check out his engine. When I saw it, my jaw dropped. He had NOSS and the Tornado Fuel Saver!! No wonder I lost! Live and learn I guess. Just remember, there's always someone faster, who knows a lot more about racing than you.

Jesus Christ I have way too much time on my hands!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote