MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
greengoblin
Registered Member

Default raced a 5.0 and turboed integra

well, I was out at the weekly races just this past saturday night.

I was there with 2 friends, I was actually trying to hook these two up, but the guys alittle too tense around her. Anyways,
I first raced an integra that looked real nice, it had JDM front light conversion and turbo, he was beating everyone there that night.

I decide to race him in my stock 02 GT, with my system on the trunk and a crap load of sports equipment, fishing equipment, and all sorts of junk in the back, not to mention a car load of people in my car. But I don't care, I still run.

this is actually the very first time I am peeling out in this car, and also the first time I actually run it full throttle.
after the flagger throws his hands down, I launch at 2500 rpm, and gain about 1.5 car lengths ahead of him, after that, I never look back, I beat him by 1 car length.

after this race, I raced 93 5.0, well, this was race wasn't pretty, I launch pretty good and I gained about 1 car length ahead of him, after 1st, and during second, he blows right by me and I reach the end of 4th with him with me behind by 1.5 car lengths.

(that integra turned his hazards on after I beat him) what a stupid ***.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Where was this at? What color was the Teg?

Good races

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:40 PM   #3
greengoblin
Registered Member

if you're thinking it was that orange teg that everyone brags about, it isn't him. hahah.

it was a black integra.

it was the regular meet up at rainbow, and we went to the port streets near 7th.

the past 2 weeks the races have been GREAT.

the key to alluding the CHP is we meet up at one spot, it gets broken up, then we circle to rainbow again, then head back to the spot.

I';ve never seen it this free before.
ofcourse I'm only giving out this info on this site cause I doubt CHP or oak PD scan this site.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:53 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Just out of curiosity, is there just not a track that you guys can go to?

I know I sound like a wrinkled up old man, but you guys need to be safe out there....

To me, its worth the hour drive to Ennis or Kennedale on Friday nights not to have to worry about the cops or someone getting hurt....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 02:02 PM   #5
greengoblin
Registered Member

you know you're right, but here in the SF bay area, to be more specific the East bay, street racing late night is a real big event.
on friday and saturday nights, sometimes wednesday nights, about 150+ cars show up to race each other.
There is a danger factor, but these racers all race in an area thats away from the city, mainly in areas with no pedestrians around. Still theres risk in racing like this, But these events have been around for years. I don't know how streetracing is in texas, I'm sure there are streetracing events over there like there is here.

It is dangerous, But to some people, tahts part of the reason for going out there and racing. For the thrill.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:41 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

I agree with Hammer. Racing anywhere is dangerous, even on a track. Just ask the Petty's. The only difference is when you blow your car up there are people there who know how to put it out and paramedics to take care of you.

Sometimes though, you just have to race on the street. I do it once in a while, just when somebody needs to learn their place. Maybe I'm starting to get responsible in my old age.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 04:23 PM   #7
greengoblin
Registered Member

yea alot of these racers who go to these racing events are usually irresponsible youngsters. ages 17-23, I guess.

Most of them aren't thinking safety first, they're thinking thrill first.

I'm also starting to worry about the streetraces in this area. Its starting to get even more dangerous since the local "sideshow" people are starting to move to the streetracing scene. But thats a whole another problem.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:59 PM   #8
Mach351C
Registered Member

This may be a minor detail but did the 5.0 race the integra and beat him? You said the integra was beating everyone. And you beat the integra and lost to the 5.0. Your stock and your telling me that your stock 02 gt is faster than the other 150+ cars that usually show up? Well there probably wasnt that many car's there that night. Here in AZ if I showed up with a stock 02 gt anywhere I would probably get blown away by alot of other mustangs.

And you must get a good launch if you can beat the 5.0's launch. You must be a good driver.
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 06:11 PM   #9
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach351C
Your stock and your telling me that your stock 02 gt is faster than the other 150+ cars that usually show up? Well there probably wasnt that many car's there that night. Here in AZ if I showed up with a stock 02 gt anywhere I would probably get blown away by alot of other mustangs.

When I go out in the GT, there are maybe 3-4 cars out there that are quicker...it's pretty weak...mostly rice & stock stangs/maros now

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 07-15-2002, 06:48 PM   #10
Mach351C
Registered Member

And you have lots of mods right? Ive driven in a stock 02 GT there not all that fast, but it might just be the fact that im used to the lightning and mach 1.
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:17 PM   #11
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
And you have lots of mods right? Ive driven in a stock 02 GT there not all that fast, but it might just be the fact that im used to the lightning and mach 1.

See sig, it should be around 13.5-6@102

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 07-16-2002, 10:31 AM   #12
greengoblin
Registered Member

Quote:
This may be a minor detail but did the 5.0 race the integra and beat him? You said the integra was beating everyone. And you beat the integra and lost to the 5.0. Your stock and your telling me that your stock 02 gt is faster than the other 150+ cars that usually show up? Well there probably wasnt that many car's there that night. Here in AZ if I showed up with a stock 02 gt anywhere I would probably get blown away by alot of other mustangs.

And you must get a good launch if you can beat the 5.0's launch. You must be a good driver.

I meant that I beat the integra and lost to the 5.0 and when I meant that the integra was beating everyone, I meant that he was beating everyone he was racing(mainly other imports).
You'd be surprised what a stock gt can do around here, I guess most domestics here aren't modded as much.
On a good night 150+ cars show up.
So I guess it's not possible to get a better launch then a 5.0's.
you want to consider the condition of the 5.0 and the driver.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:12 AM   #13
1hot5.0
Registered Member

I agree with Mach351C. The '02 GT's are very nice cars, however they are not rockets. (By the way, Mach351C,that Lightning and Mach 1 sure look nice) Anyways, nice kill on the Integra. I say we keep eating up on all of these rice burners and show them whos the king of the streets.
1hot5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 10:47 AM   #14
greengoblin
Registered Member

yea I don't think my car is a "rocket", but it's still fast.
Depends on what you consider fast. All my life I've driven hoopties, like my 91 geo storm that was stolen. So the GT has been the fastest car I ever had.

I actually thought I was going to lose to the integra.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:07 AM   #15
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Question

Greengoblin, was the '93 5.0 stock? If not, what was he running?
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #16
greengoblin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous Al
Greengoblin, was the '93 5.0 stock? If not, what was he running?
I'm not sure, it may have been stock, but after seeing him blow by me like that, I assume he has to have something in it. Or I'm just a bad driver. I've only had this mustang for about 4 months now, and I was granny shifting.

but most likely it was not stock.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: