MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
greengoblin
Registered Member

Default raced a 5.0 and turboed integra

well, I was out at the weekly races just this past saturday night.

I was there with 2 friends, I was actually trying to hook these two up, but the guys alittle too tense around her. Anyways,
I first raced an integra that looked real nice, it had JDM front light conversion and turbo, he was beating everyone there that night.

I decide to race him in my stock 02 GT, with my system on the trunk and a crap load of sports equipment, fishing equipment, and all sorts of junk in the back, not to mention a car load of people in my car. But I don't care, I still run.

this is actually the very first time I am peeling out in this car, and also the first time I actually run it full throttle.
after the flagger throws his hands down, I launch at 2500 rpm, and gain about 1.5 car lengths ahead of him, after that, I never look back, I beat him by 1 car length.

after this race, I raced 93 5.0, well, this was race wasn't pretty, I launch pretty good and I gained about 1 car length ahead of him, after 1st, and during second, he blows right by me and I reach the end of 4th with him with me behind by 1.5 car lengths.

(that integra turned his hazards on after I beat him) what a stupid ***.