MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-02-2002, 02:28 AM   #1
silverv6
Registered Member

Default Raced a 98or 99 Eclipse

I raced a 98 or 99 4 cylinder 5 speed Eclipse a cuple days ago and smoked it by 2 car lengths. Well this guy in town was talking so much crap about how fast his car was and bragging he could beat any body so I told him If he wanted to race me and said yes. Well I took a look at his car and all he had was a cold air intake and a loud dumb exaust . my car is a 00 v6 automatic I have a true dual exaust with flowmasters and a K&N filter. So we set a time and we meet at a gas station at 10:30pm and I was with all my friends and then he arrived well from there we left to a street that is empty at night. the street was a 2 lane and it was straight . So the rice boy first had said that the finish line was goin to be a speed sign then he said thats too short and then said lets do it to the stop sign and I said yes. well I think from start to finish is about 1/4 mile problably less. Well we went to were we were goin to start and he got on one lane and I got on the incoming lane. My friend was in the middle to tell us go. So I was nervus since the start because this was my first race, I mean ive race other guys on the freeway or street but not a race that was goin to count like this one. well we were both ready and my friend gave us the sight and we took off. he went 1 , 2 gear next to me he was 1/2 a car lenght in front of me then when he hit 3rd it seemed that I was goin to go infron by 1 car but it dint we were half way throug the race and I got 1 car lenght in front then close to the finish line i got him by 1 more car lenght and finish beating him by 2 car lengths. Well my friends were all chearing me and were saying "That Eclipse sucks" then the rice boy picked up his friends and took off burning rubber he left all pissed off cuz he lost. Well the next day he was saing he lost cus he shifted to 3rd wrong and if it wasnt for that he would of smoked me so bad. Well my friend that told us to go at the biggining told me that at the starting line he was about 2 feet infront of me but my friend didnt say nothing cuz he knew I was goin to beat him. Well now Im telling that guy to race me again to see if it was his shifting, now he sais hes goin to smoke me so bad because he got some headders I just want to get some coments if it was really is shifting that made him lost or I just smoked that rice ride for real. He just had cold air intake and a exaust. And will getting headders make a difference for him now. Also when we raced he had a Shift Light Ill post my next race with him when I race him . Laterz
Mustangs Rule

This is the best Site for Stangs

P.S. when I raced him I had my stock rims I didnt have my customs rims
Euro tail lights
GT fog lights
K&N filter<< cut filter box out
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 03:23 AM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Default Re: Raced a 98or 99 Eclipse

P.S. when I raced him I had my stock rims I didnt have my customs rims [/B][/QUOTE]

no offense but why in the world would you put 18inch wire wheels on a stang....
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 03:26 AM   #3
silverv6
Registered Member

I dont know either I just did but I sold them already. they were to heavy and slowed me down they were only good for cruzin
Euro tail lights
GT fog lights
Old 06-02-2002, 03:39 AM   #4
7up
Registered Member

Was it a turbo?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 01:26 PM   #5
silverv6
Registered Member

no
Euro tail lights
GT fog lights
Old 06-02-2002, 10:12 PM   #6
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Re: Raced a 98or 99 Eclipse

Quote:
Originally posted by silverv6
Well now Im telling that guy to race me again to see if it was his shifting, now he sais hes goin to smoke me so bad because he got some headders
that kid doesn't realize he means A HEADER (1), not 2 like on a v6 or v8. point that out to him next time.

nice kill

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote