MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2002, 05:49 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default raced late 80's Vette

I installed my new blower pullr=ey on Monday and I have been looking for some to try it out on and I got the chance today. I was driving along when I saw a black late 80's Vette with Greenwood body kit. I don't know if it any other mods, but it sounded a little louder than the stock ones. I pulled up behind it and he revved a little to let me know he was interested, but there were cars in front of him so we couldn't go. Then the car in front of him turned off and the road became two lanes instaed of one. Perfect, he pulled into the right lane and waited for me a little, when my bumber was at his door he took off and then I took off. We went from about 30 to 60. He got a car lead when he took off, but I slowly reeled him in when he missed third I went right by and then had to let off because of a turn up ahead. I actually locked up my front tires a little trying to turn and brake.

I pulled up to him and he said nice car, I told him he had a nice car too. We crusied for a while and then he turned off and I followed him. I was about two cars behind him around the turn and he hit it, I put it into first and hit and I cpulled on him hard and hit second and kept pulling on him. I almost even with him when he braked and then turned off.

Oh yeah, he had his girl in the car too. My blower pulley really helped, I think I need a smaller belt though. It feels like it is slipping at high RPMS.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:50 PM   #2
venumus93
Registered Member

Thumbs up nice run!

Sounds like lots of fun! How much boost are you running with your new pulley? I know a lot of GTP guys around here that get an underdrive pulley as their first mod, & they run low 14's with that & CAI in their cars.(down form 15.0's to 14.9's stock on average).
Do you have problems hooking up? What kind of times have you run at the track? Most importantly, when are you going back to see how much you gained with the pulley?
Nice runs!
Later!
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:44 PM   #3
7up
Registered Member

Dam, That's a lot of questions I can't really answer. I have never been to the track, but I do plan on going sometime this summer. Hopefully soon. (stupid track is two hours away) I don't have a boost gauge so I don't know exactly what boost I am running. The guys over at the corral said with my pulley I added I should be at 8 psi, up from 5. It feels like I gained quite a bit of power. I did have a little problem hooking it up, but that was because my belt tensioner bracket bolt was stripped and I couldn't get it off. I had to take off the belt tensioner and pulley and belt before I could get a good enough grip on it.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: