View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default Raced a new Vette

I was going to play in a tennis tournament with my sister yesterday evening when I see a C5 Vette pull up behind me at the stoplight. I start to pull away and he switches lanes and pulls up beside me. We are both going about 30 in second when he hits it. I follow suit and he pulls on me slowly all the way up third, he hit third and then I did and he put on the brakes. He was about a car mybe a tad bit more ahead of me. We were going around 75 or 80 when we shut down.

At the next light we got stopped by behind a ton of cars at the next light right beside each other. We started talking and he asked me how many pounds I was running, I said 5, even though it's around 7 or 8.. He was very suprised when he I said that, he though he should have smoked me. Then I asked him what he done. He had an x-pipe, cat back, Vortech intake(which I asume is CAI?) and reprogrammed chip. He said he also had a bottle, but it was empty. It was also a 6-speed. I asked him if he had been to the track. He said he ran a 12.6 at 119, not being able to hook up at Bandimere on the juice, he didn't say if he ran off the juice. Bandimere is about 6000 ft, he said it usually works out to take a second off et to get sea level numbers. THen light turned green and we went our separate ways, really cool guy, but I wished I would have asked how big a shot he was running so I could get an idea of what he ran without the juice. Oh well.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote