MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

Exclamation Raced The Police

i was coming out of the Harbor tunnel and a new GT pulled out next to me he was pacing me then he threw me a rev. So being the person I am I threw one back then he held up three fingers and counted down. We were off from a roll (app.25mph) got every gear perfect, let off at about 105-110. I had him by a fender we dropped down to about 50 then he tucked in behind me and what do i see??? His GT lit up like a freaking christmas tree. I thought I was dead meat until he walked up to my car and asked whatcha runnin' before I answered i told him he scared the **** out of me and ran down the mods we BSed beside the road for about 20 mins talkin mustangs.

The Moral:
Watch your back in the Baltimore Tunnels (Harbor and Ft McHenry)
Old 10-10-2002, 01:00 AM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Freaking a man, that's nuts. I almost don't believe the story, but all my cop friends have muscle cars, so I can see why he would do that.

Any mods on the cop car? What exactly are you running.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:06 AM   #3
inferno
The Instigator

Default Re: Raced The Police

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueMust5089
......he was pacing me then he threw me a rev.....
Thats called intrapment....he couldn't have touched you once he reved at you.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:09 AM   #4
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

thats good to know because allkinds of thing ran through my head at the time
Old 10-10-2002, 08:42 AM   #5
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

The same situation happened to me about 8 yrs ago. I was driving in my 89 5.0 Notch on the GSP here in NJ. Well it was about 2:00 AM and all of the sudden this cop car pulls up next to me and starts pacing me. He then points his finger forward and does the same thing...3..2..1.. and we went at it from a 60MPH roll all the way up to 110MPH. Of course I smoked him, so he put the lights on of course and pulled me over. He started to flash his flashight in my hood vents then asked me what I had done. Turns out he had a clean notchback at home.

Ok another one. When I was in highschool we had a detective on site. Anyways he would drive seized drug dealer cars to school. Well one day he pulled up with a sweet all black 88 LX hatch with the "D.A.R.E." stickers all over it and a siren on top. Well I would always BS to him about the car and such and he used to talk smack on how this car is super quick and blah blah. One day he saw me on the main rd in my town and did the same thing...told me to gun it, so I did and we stuck even but then I started to reel him in and we shut down at around 70 or so. I talked to him about it the next day in school and he said "I wasnt gunning it all the way"
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
*Steeda90GT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 09:54 AM   #6
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Raced The Police

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
Thats called intrapment....he couldn't have touched you once he reved at you.
It's not entrapment, it's illegal to race in the state of MD. If you're dumb enough to take the bait and race anybody on the street, you deserve a ticket. If I am a cop in plain clothes and prod you into robbing a bank, is that entrapment? No, just stupid.

BlueMust5089 was just fortunate the cop was in a good mood, Next time, he may not be.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 11:20 AM   #7
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

i'm just glad he turned out to be one of us, a car guy
Old 10-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #8
bigdave
Registered Member

When I was in high school, I was riding in my friend's 70 Dart 340. We were in line leaving the parking lot, and one of the sheriffs that patrol the area pulled up beside us. He waved to us, then neutral dropped it, roasting the tires! We just sat there in awe. I laugh about it now.

RHC Member #83
bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 02:21 PM   #9
inferno
The Instigator

Default Re: Re: Re: Raced The Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Maroon 5.0 LX
It's not entrapment, it's illegal to race in the state of MD. If you're dumb enough to take the bait and race anybody on the street, you deserve a ticket. If I am a cop in plain clothes and prod you into robbing a bank, is that entrapment? No, just stupid.

BlueMust5089 was just fortunate the cop was in a good mood, Next time, he may not be.
If you are dumb enough to take that ticket, you deserve it. A police officer can not encourage you to commit a crime. If he/she does, he becomes a part of the act.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:24 PM   #10
inferno
The Instigator

BTW, street racing is illegal in all 50 states last time I checked. Show us a state that it is legal in, and I guarantee a massive increase in population.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
GodStang
College Stanger

If a police officer baits you into doing something you do not "normally" do than it is entrapment. That is what I learned in my law classes. I am not saying they are the best classes but that is what I learned. When he revved the engine first that becomes Entrapment. He can gladdly right you a ticket. Just go to court and he has nothing.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:33 PM   #12
Rev
Registered Member

Default Entrapment

I think you would have to prove the entrapment in court with witnesses, etc. It would come down to who the judge or jury believed. Also, one would need a lawyer in order to be sure you could get the entrapment into evidence. The cop didn't write a ticket anyway, so it's a moot point in this instance.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:20 AM   #13
srv1
Get down.....

all the cop could have told the judge is that you were refusing to pull over and had to keep up with you. its his word against yours without a witness. no ticket, no problem! your lucky!
Old 10-11-2002, 04:38 PM   #14
Five0
Registered Member

I raced a cop in his marked police car, I knew him and he was saying that there was no way my car would keep up with the caprice(spelling?) pos he had.
It was fun shuting him down!
I would not have raced him if I did not know him.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote