MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Raced Stock 99+ GT. Conclusion. My Car=Freak.

Well, either the small mods I have on my 2000 GT have given me more power than I thought, or my car is a Freak. I'm still wondering.

I've been wanting to race a stock 99+ GT since I've started modding my car, just to see how much I've gained.

Last night on the way home from work, I finally got a chance to. I'm really surprised with the results.

I turned onto Cliffdale Rd, and noticed at the intersection was what looked like 99+ GT headlights and fog lights. So I slowed down, seeing if the guy would want to play. His light turned, and I saw him coming...Quickly.. I thought....Its on. So I put it in third, and took it up to 60 and held it to see if he was serouis.

He rode my bumper for a good while. All on my rear. A light ahead turned Red, he shot over in the other lane, and gased it. Pulling up next to me. (Exhaust was bone stock sounding). Then he slowed Way Way Way down, and stayed a few car lengths behind me. I was stopped at the light, and he was still rolling.

I thought "What the ****. I thought this guy wanted to play". The light changed, and he nailed it. He pulled ahead, his rear bumper, next to my front.

I was ticked...Thats a Rice Manauver...I stabbed it into first, and launched. AXLE HOP LIKE CRAZY (Craptacular torn Rear control arm bushings). WHen it hooked a second later, I had pulled a littl e past him (My front bumper was probably a foot ahead of his front bumper) at the end of first. I was pretty darn surprised. I hit second hard as hell, and ripped the tires loose. It was Great, he had the 6000 RPM FLow Master scream in his ear, then the "I just killed the rear tires" squeal. I let off the clutch to quickly because I was ticked at this guy.

Anyway. I pulled second on up, and by the end of it, there was at least a car length between our bumpers, possibly more. I didnt pay all that much attention to him. I hit third, and got some more axle hop. By the end of third, I looked in my rear view, and he WAY WAY BACK. I cant fathom how many lengths he was. I could see his whole car in my passenger side rear, and in my interior rear view. I let off, decalerating in third.

We caught the next light. I reved at him, the dude shock his head and yelled "No dude, I dont want anymore of that."

I asked what year his car was. It was a 2001 GT 5 spd. I asked if he let off before me, He said he let off when he heard me let off. I asked him if he was stock. He said yep, except for a K&N filter. (Which I've had for like 3 months but havent put on yet.)

He then asked "Man, You gotta have a hell of alot more than exhaust and mufflers." I told him what I had, and he thought I was leaving a few things out.

As usual, I get accused of having more than what I say.

I mean, I left this dude like he wasnt even trying. I dont see how with the petty stuff I have, and the twisting, hopping rear end I have, I beat him by so much.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote