View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 02:18 AM   #56
sedanman
Registered Member

First I am not going to pick any sides just point some things out:

First, I don't really get how a supra can't have torque first turbo charging is great for torque (which is why all semi's have them and a lot of pull tractors do to.) They have a inline six which is great for torque by design (ever look under the hood of a lot of big trucks or Jeeps).

Second, I am a owner of a car that traps 120+ and runs 12's but its not from a lack of torque (438ft-lbs) its from a lack of hook, I really need to put on ET streets and make a run for the 10's but do to the fact that I don't have a tremac that won't happen for a while.

Third, yes its true that supra tend to run more mph then lower traps but its mostly because when was the last time you were at the track and a supra was on slicks?

Fourth, don't judge people for racing from a roll, when you get to racing the big HP cars it dosn't become a fact that we don't want to race from a stop but the fact that it is truely SCAREY, even on hard hooking tires (ET streets) the street is not the track and it can be slick and having a 400+ rwhp car sliding everywhere next to a equally powerful car is VERY dangerous. So we tend to run from 40 rolls to eliminate MOST spinning, we don't do this because we can't race from stops or because we can't drive we do it because its just to dangerous. After all how many people just slap some crap on and have a 400 horsepower car most work there way there and thus learn how to drive over time.

Also if you compare stangs to supra in 1/4 times for the top 50 it would be a joke I bet number 50 would still be in the 9's probably 8's.

Just some of my .02@ cents

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote