View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #60
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe50h
You made some good points, but you are talking about different engines, you can alter the torque peaks, and where they cross with any engine, a turboed v6 can be meant as a drag car, or a topend car, they will be good at what they are setup for.
Sorry, he (T88H34G supra) is right torque will always cross at 5250 hp is just a calculation done as a figure of torque and what rpms.

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe50h

Do not say the smaller motor has an advantage, we all heard "no replacemet for displacemet" you better believe it!!......what happens if you give a bigblock forced induction? it is going to whoop the smaller turboed engine twice as bad genius
Well maybe in 1960 but today as important as displacement is there is no replacement for technology. If I had a dollar for every time I have stomped a big block (even before the blower) I would be a rich man. Technology does a lot to make litte motors do some amazing things, sure with the same give technology and power adder will make more power but I would not expect ford to release a 514 with DOHC, twin turbos and variable valve timing any time soon. There is a lot to do with what makes power on a give engine and its a lot more then just boost and cubic inches.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote