View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 06:57 AM   #36
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by gofastmercury
That, I think, is the longest post I ever seen!

Who would have thought you could see GN and Supra guy fighting on a Mustang board??

Have you noticed that none of the Mustang guys are getting involved? Pretty neat.......
Yea, it's pretty crazy.

I agree I'm making blanket statements on this topic because I can't list every Supra's time with every mod possible. As I've stated many times it's known average Turbo Supras run a high 13 / low 14 second 1/4 mile with high trap speeds which is the "norm". Can they be made to run 10 second 1/4 miles...sure, damn near anything can with the right amount of mods = $. That being said the typically modified Supra will put out much higher HP vs. TQ which equates to great trap speeds and poor ET's. Have we heard this before?

Does our Supra fan have an exception....maybe, but is that typical?...NO. Has he posted his mods or the $ he paid to get such speed?

I'm not here to state "My Turbo Buick runs blah, blah, blah and I'm tired of everyone bashing Turbo Regals". They are what they are and I'm not in denial. It's quite cheap and easy to get a T/R 2-3 seconds lower than stock. I'm a realist and know a Turbo Buick runs high 13's - low 14's in stock form...so what (the Turbo T/A is quite another story). Again, it is what it is just as most same era Mustangs ran similar performance #'s which lead to the huge rivalry we see in the GN vs. Mustang. I have no ego to inflate. Can I find Mustang or T/R performance #'s that buck the norm as our Supra friend...absolutely. He's debating on flawed logic.

I believe this debate (on my side and sour argument from the other) is prudent on this forum since the Mustang and GN are American muscle car legends.

His #'s from performance magazines [again] buck the typical #'s seen by real people, by real Supras driven by typical drivers at typical tracks. Again our Supra friend is using exceptional examples in an attempt to prove his case.

Can I find such examples from performance magazines to prove the T/R or Mustang will do the same, absolutely. What does that prove? Must I poke around on Supra forums and find what Supra owners are posting about their own cars' stock performance #'s? Let's not get to to the point of actual humiliation.

By the way, I love how our Supra friend edited one of his posts after I pointed out his lack of information, then entered it in at a later time.

I will not be baited into "bench racing" which is what's taking place. Simple facts are; on average in the REAL WORLD, a stock Turbo Supra from 0-60 vs. a stock Turbo Buick or Mustang will get it's aŝŝ handed to it due to the Toyota's lack of low end torque, though the 1/4 mile run would be close. The same race from a 50mph roll will will have the Supra pulling away due to higher HP. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

I guess with everything being debated I have a few simple yes/no questions:

1. Doesn't the typical Turbo Supra have a reputation for much higher HP#'s than TQ#'s thus resulting in high trap speeds, "average" ET's and 2.0-2.2+ 60 foot times?

2. A Turbo Supra typically needs fairly expensive and somewhat numerous mods to reliabily lower these #'s short of adding nitrous?

With all these pro-stock Supras running around I wonder why they don't own all the street races Maybe they do if you're in the F&F crowd in Kalifornia.

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 08-18-2003 at 08:31 AM..