MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2002, 07:16 AM   #21
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman
Sounds like a fun race and some good feedback. I pretty much agree with everyones responses except the one about the regular C5's being nothing big. Sounds like you have a strong running car and just need to work on the traction side of the combination, that way I could be telling you good kill.
Yes, money is tight though. Which is unfortunate because I have access to some good traction used parts right now but I can't buy them. One guy has adjustable MAC control arms and another guy has drag coils for stock height..... ARGHH!!! Need money!
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:11 AM   #22
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
No where on earth have I seen Z06's running 120+, or LS1 Vettes going 114. You sure live in freaksville.

And trust me I see the track fairly often.

Skyler
I to have never seen a Z06 go 120's BUT

I can back up the fact that aqua's vette (with only a CAI and catback) did 113 traps. He now has a few more mods on his car, I know because I helped put some of those mods on. Before aqua's vette I had never seen better than 106 traps from a C5 his did 108.5 bone stock.

As for the 03 cobras yes they are for real, but with the way aqua's vette will soon be running (very soon) a 03 cobra (unless well modded) will be no match.

The real question is what's gonna happen when I come packing my 150 shot? (update coming in the next couple weeks).

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 12:31 AM   #23
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

That run was definately the event of the night. Marc, you need to get some good street traction, ... then you'd be very hard to beat.

A guy with a purpose built drag/street car (belmont with a 502) destroyed the Z06 next night.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 06:13 AM   #24
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Do you know how much the Z06 lost by? Do you think I stand a chance against the 502? Probably not....

If I find another job I can afford to get some rear suspention mods next month... we'll have to wait and see though.
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #25
Aquaman
Registered Member

Default Re: not at the hang outs much..

Quote:
Originally posted by venumus93

Auquaman,
sorry you cant make the drive. But mod up your car all you want, the '03's are for real & will be able to earn respect of any real car/track enthusiast out there...sorry you cant get a race in with one yet...maybe they just want to break in their cars first & then go out & spank some GM's???
Later!
Thay can be for real all they want but till they start pulling in "real life" mid and low 12.'s (like ol MM&FF the Mustang owners bible says Sorry Jeff Not you) not the low and mid 13.'s that are coming in from around the Country and I was witness to last night. one ran a best of 13.2@104 with an EXH off of a 99-01 cobra (I think thats what he said I might be wrong) and the air thingy removed rolling on a set of sticky AutoX tires pulled a 1.9? 60'. The cars got 3600 miles and he owned a 98? cobra. (sorry again I was tired and don't exactly remember everything he said but I did write down his times, on my slips) Nice guy and if he's on here It was a pleasure to meet you. Maybe with a pully you'll see 12.'s

Sky - The trap speed on that lane is correct only at the last Number. the 11 is always there. but his 12.94 - 13.3 times are quite believable. and since I wasn't there I dont know if it was truely a 117 or perhaps a 107. I try not to talk about stuff I havn't seen with my own eyes but sometimes I regress to bench racing like in this case. I should have kept my mouth shut since I wasn't there magazine races and Video races are foolish. Too many variables

Rev - I said in a reply to Unit that lets say an ok driver can pull 13.6-14.0 in a LS1 it would still kick his azz. I will stand behind that.

Sedanman - Thanks again for the help. and you with a 125 shot is gonna be damn tough to beat in a modded 03 likely impossible.

I am done with this post only because I feel bad that I have inadvertantly hi-Jacked Z28's post, and I'm sorry didn't mean too. Again nice race and if you get some better traction I'm sure you'll take his Azz. Because while I have seen LS6's run 120's thats not usually the case. thay are usually only in the 115-117 range when properly driven.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:47 PM   #26
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
That run was definately the event of the night. Marc, you need to get some good street traction, ... then you'd be very hard to beat.

A guy with a purpose built drag/street car (belmont with a 502) destroyed the Z06 next night.
Marc, you don't understand. That 502 is dragrace purpose built, from the ground up. The owner works at the NRC, and did a fair amount of parts himself with the specialized tools they have.

It destroyed the vette. We are taking tractor trailor lenght. He wasn't even giving it, didn't want the car to go sideways. You would stand no chance.

He had the engine sitting in a POS Cutlass a couple of years back, and still destroyed me (not even funny) ... the car was definately built to hold up all that power.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: