View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #25
Aquaman
Registered Member

Default Re: not at the hang outs much..

Quote:
Originally posted by venumus93

Auquaman,
sorry you cant make the drive. But mod up your car all you want, the '03's are for real & will be able to earn respect of any real car/track enthusiast out there...sorry you cant get a race in with one yet...maybe they just want to break in their cars first & then go out & spank some GM's???
Later!
Thay can be for real all they want but till they start pulling in "real life" mid and low 12.'s (like ol MM&FF the Mustang owners bible says Sorry Jeff Not you) not the low and mid 13.'s that are coming in from around the Country and I was witness to last night. one ran a best of 13.2@104 with an EXH off of a 99-01 cobra (I think thats what he said I might be wrong) and the air thingy removed rolling on a set of sticky AutoX tires pulled a 1.9? 60'. The cars got 3600 miles and he owned a 98? cobra. (sorry again I was tired and don't exactly remember everything he said but I did write down his times, on my slips) Nice guy and if he's on here It was a pleasure to meet you. Maybe with a pully you'll see 12.'s

Sky - The trap speed on that lane is correct only at the last Number. the 11 is always there. but his 12.94 - 13.3 times are quite believable. and since I wasn't there I dont know if it was truely a 117 or perhaps a 107. I try not to talk about stuff I havn't seen with my own eyes but sometimes I regress to bench racing like in this case. I should have kept my mouth shut since I wasn't there magazine races and Video races are foolish. Too many variables

Rev - I said in a reply to Unit that lets say an ok driver can pull 13.6-14.0 in a LS1 it would still kick his azz. I will stand behind that.

Sedanman - Thanks again for the help. and you with a 125 shot is gonna be damn tough to beat in a modded 03 likely impossible.

I am done with this post only because I feel bad that I have inadvertantly hi-Jacked Z28's post, and I'm sorry didn't mean too. Again nice race and if you get some better traction I'm sure you'll take his Azz. Because while I have seen LS6's run 120's thats not usually the case. thay are usually only in the 115-117 range when properly driven.