MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
utrocketman
Registered Member

Default Racers and Kill stories

My name is David Sadler and I am a freelance writer. I am researching an article on street racing. I want to present all possible sides to this subject. The police side is not hard to come up with. Where I am having trouble is getting honest interviews from people that partake in street racing. There are all kinds of car enthusiast out there and I would be willing to bet that a large portion of them is street racers of some kind. Most likely the street racers are the majority. There are all kinds of statistics on street racing. I do not see how most could be accurate or of any value because the only statistics that get recorded are of those individuals that get caught or those that end up injured or killed. There are no records kept of all the street races that take place where no one is arrested, sited, or injured.
I believe a well-written article presenting the pros and cons of street racing is overdue. There are many sites that will ban you if you talk about street racing and most magazines will pretend it does not exist or put it down by making it sound like only dumb dangerous people street race.
I am a muscle car enthusiast and I know at least from my point of view I put the money and time into my car so I can beat the other guy, and do I dare say that most of my racing is on the street. I have never attended a semi organized street race and don’t even know if they exist other then in the movies.
I have tried a few local forums only to be criticized as someone trying to sell something or working for the police. I am neither trying to sell anything nor am I offering any kind of pay and I am certainly not a cop. I don’t need your name (unless you want it quoted) nor even where you live. I just want honest answers about street racing from the people that do it (there is a lot of us out there).
So if you would like to see your view in print (with or without your identity your choice) please contact me.
Thanks,
Dave
utrocketman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: