MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2001, 01:48 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Snow Day!!!!

Well, my mom woke me up about 6:30 this morning and told me to turn off my alarm clock because school was cancelled! WOO HOO!!!!!! I think they said we got about 10 inches of snow....it doesn't look that bad though, I think because it's so windy, but there are some HELLA drifts!! I woke up about 9 after I went back to sleep and I didn't want to waste the day sleeping....so I started watching TV....haha....then I got bored doing that so I decided to take my NISSAN out for a spin since I've never tried out it's 4WD capabilities.

So I get dressed and put on a coat with some gloves....I go out, start it up, put it in 4L (only in town driving), and lock my hubs and take off....I start out going through about a 2 foot drift that's right in front of my truck. It goes through it no problem. I found some more big drifts and I went through those too. No problem.

So I have a little more respect for my little POS Nissan now. It may be utterly gutless, and ugly, but the heater/AC works perfect (since I put in a new heater control unit and a new heater motor, hehe), and it got me through some pretty big 3' drifts.

I might take it out again later and try to get it stuck. I'll take my cell phone this time. Then I'll have my dad dig me out with his Jeep.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 01:52 PM   #2
mustangdani55
Registered Member

we are supposed to get snow on thursday...remnants of what you got already. so i will get my fwd cavalier out and go..the old man will get his mule out and push snow and people. have fun and be safe
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 02:01 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah I have to go pick my mom up from work because she doesn't want to drive in it. She works for Cabela's....ever heard of it? Outdoor products....hunting...fishing.....stuff like that....The worldwide corporate headquarters for Cabela's is here in Sidney. Along with the original store. The owners are from Sidney also.

I am going to go load up my dad's snowblower in my Nissan and go clear off my grandparents' driveway and sidewalks here soon. I LOVE SNOW!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 03:01 PM   #4
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Man, I loved snow days in high school, but I can't stand the cold weather now. My motorcycle is aobut ready to be put up for the year, which sucks. Only good thing is I get to start driving the stang more. But, I will just get to start plowing through salt and snow with it before long......man, I need a winter beater!

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:21 PM   #5
Coupe Devil

Default Dude your mom works for Cabela's!!!!!!

You are my new best friend. I need a new 6 man tent, lantern, and alot of other camping stuff. Only if you get a real good discount though. HaHaHa.
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:23 PM   #6
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Thats pretty cool, up here in Canada (Well where I am) havn't received snow yet. We got like alittle dusting of it but it was gone in acouple hours. We have had NICE WEATHER. Like you can go outside in t-shirts some days. They said this is the first time in along time Toronto hasn't got snow in November. I'm not complaining. I love this weather. I hope it stays like this. Allows me to get more work done on my car. =) Would like this to happen in February/March that way I can have my car back earlier cause I'm taking it in to get painted.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:48 PM   #7
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

It's 60° today outside, I think I'll drop the top one last time. Had a dusting of snow on her the other morning. Something about that is just plain wrong.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:20 PM   #8
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Snow????? what's snow??? Oh yea, I remember its that white stuff I see on TV

Not a lot of snow where I live

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 07:02 PM   #9
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah my mom is in the Hunting and Hard Goods Division at Cabela's. She's the Inventory Control Manager. And she does get an AWESOME discount! We get everything from Cabela's at cost. You wouldn't believe how much you can save by that. Now I know why Dick Cabela (co-owner, lives about 2 1/2 blocks from me) is so rich! He's actually making an addition to his home right now that is costing him like $4.3 million. I guess in the lower level of the addition they are putting in a pool and the ceiling above it is going to be glass so you'll be able to see completely through it.

I wonder if his wife wears skirts a lot........sick Ben, sick....she's old.....sick......
Old 11-26-2001, 09:46 PM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I DID IT!!! I got my NISSAN STUCK!!! I went over to my grandparents' house with my dad, he was in his 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and we both got stuck! They had about a 5 ft drift in there driveway and my grandma wants to get her 1990 Dodge Dynasty out so we decided we'd take care of it. I start first, and just make some tracks to pack down so I can get a good start at it. So I back it up a little bit, and just fly at this drift....So I get high centered right away...that was my goal...lol....then I was going to let my dad go at it with the Jeep. He does it a little smarter than me...gradually....He finally gets high centered after making it about all the way so we have to dig him out. He got through after we dug him out. Then we got my grandma's Dynasty stuck! But after it all ended, we got some nice tracks packed down and the center is low enough she won't get high centered so she can make it to her Dr. appointment tomorrow morning. Just thought I'd share with you all....
Old 11-26-2001, 10:09 PM   #11
Five0
Registered Member

SNOW...??? I can't remember the last time I saw snow... Wait I think it was the last time I went to Indiana to see my grandparents in the winter; been about 12 years.

It was hot here today and got down in the mid 60's last night; were still running the a/c in the daytime.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:18 PM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Laugh at me now Five0.....hahafunnyfunny........but when Hurricane season comes around again....who'll be laughing then!?!?!??!?!!?

I GOT 300!!!!! These last 50 came in like a week........
Old 11-26-2001, 10:25 PM   #13
Five0
Registered Member

Hehehe...lol
We have not been hit yet "Knock on wood". But it is kind of cool when they come close. I am one of the crazy ones that goes out and plays in the 60+ mph winds and rain.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Old 11-26-2001, 10:31 PM   #14
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I think that would be a huge rush to be outside in 60+ wind. I'd get a HUGE poncho and start running with the wind....then use my vertical jump to go as high as I can and see how far I can go! That would be sweet.....I'd probably end up breaking both of my legs and an arm or something.....I don't seem to have very good luck......
Old 11-26-2001, 10:57 PM   #15
Five0
Registered Member

LOL

It is fun but it kind of stings when the rain hits your face, but it is definatly fun. It would be even more fun if it would not rain; that allways cuts it kind of short.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX

Old 11-26-2001, 11:07 PM   #16
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

ouch....that sounds like it would hurt.....new idea......make a big bubble out of thick clear plastic and get inside it....and THEN go out and play in the rain.....you could also go and jump in the ocean and let the waves knock the crap outta you for a while.....that would be cool...
Old 11-26-2001, 11:09 PM   #17
PKRWUD

6T9-
Whatever happened with the drivability problem you were having with the Nissan?

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 11:14 PM   #18
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Oh....it's still there....hehe.....I'm just going to deal with it for another year and six months or so. Should be okay until then. I pulled the codes on it after you told me to that one time. It was 23. That was the only one....have any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks man.....
Old 11-26-2001, 11:32 PM   #19
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Snow? .... that seems awfully familiar name but i can't remember what that is. o i know its that white stuff that i sometimes see in the mountains, right... LOL. sorry i was bored
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 11:37 PM   #20
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I've had it with you surfer dudes and southerners....dammit!!!!!!

Check this out though....Wednesday the high is supposed to be 52....but the low is going to be 6 DEGREES!!! Sweet Nebraska weather, eh?