MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2001, 07:39 PM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Post Racing but not in a Ford....

Last night my friend and I seemed to call all the attention because we found 6 races while driving his 97' 5.7L Chevy extended cab truck. It has cold air induction headers flows with turn downs chipped 3.70 posi gears lowered rims tonue cover stero system. The first was againts an 80's camaro with either a 305 or 350 not sure it was a 5 speed with flows. Took him out by a car at around 60 mph. Then it was a late 90's trans am with a 5.7 auto took him out by 2 cars. Third was a 98' honda civic 5 speed with a modded engine(throttle body, intake, injectors, exhaust, and some other stuff) took him out by 6 cars. Fourth a 99' civic with no interior and turbo took him out by 2 cars. fifth a 90's cadillac took him out by 3 cars. Sixth was a 60's T bird took it out by 5 9 cars. Funny things is that all these people we raced had what seemed to be their girl friend in the car. I wonder if they spent all night trying to make excuses as to why they lost? May not be a mustang but damn fast for a truck he has to run 92 octane or it pings. His next project is to add nitrous. See how much that helps. Better not be able to beat me or I'll be pissed.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 07:56 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

99' civic with no interior and a turbo and you took him in that big *** truck.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 05:27 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

Man I found it pretty amazing that all night we didn't lose. As far as that civic goes I'm thinking it was a crappy turbo but I don't know. I could hear the blow off valve on it. He had the pods and I asked him if it was turbo'd and he said yes. Hope he gets his nitrous quick so we can take it to be timed.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote