Thread: Ram air runin
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 07:54 PM   #22
LeadSled1
Registered Member

Smile

Well sedanman would have enough to kill me when I was stock easily, both ET and MPH. Most of the cars out there on Saturday were well modded. All of us but Jay had atleast full exhaust (headers/offroad/cutout). The cars respond very well to mods but just like the 5.0 they have to be the right ones. You just can't bolt on this and that and expect them to work together. That is why you have such a wide margin in what cars run with mods. What is good for one can hurt another. Do your mods one at a time and monitor how your car performs. Thats how I did my car. The only mistake I made was going with a MAF that made my car too rich and I had to go back over myself and get another MAF. I'm still happy with about $950 in mods for how the car does. The cars do very alot stock. I am alittle jealous of how some of these guys like Jay's car run. It took me a good amount of mods to get where they are at but with a few more my car jumped out ahead of the other guys. The closest anyone else is locally to my times with similar mods is 12.8, but my friend Joey is only .04 behind me at the same MPH with alot more mods. He has a HPP3 programmer, a ASP pulley and suspension mods on DRs. With those mods I should be able to reach 11s and 113-114 traps. Right now I hold the record for a bolt on only LS1 on street tires for ET, and I do not have any weight removed other than the spare and jack.

jess
LeadSled1 is offline   Reply With Quote