MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ran a Civic with a 70 shot (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=30415)

bigwhitecobra 10-23-2002 12:14 AM

Ran a Civic with a 70 shot

This guy rolls up tonight talking smack about how fast his Civic is with a 70 shot and how much of a turd Mustangs are. Ok, whatever man.

I tell him to go get a real car and I'll run him. Well that pissed him off. He said that he had $500 bucks that his car was the fastest one there. Unfortunately, I didn't have $500 bucks (or I'd have a cam and Nitto's) so I told him that I'd run him just to show him how slow his car is.

I know my car isn't the fastest one out there, but I'm not getting beat by a civic with a little more than a 70 shot. Long story short, I whip the guy bad, real bad. His excuss was that he ran outta spray, even though he had enough to purge after the race. He was cool enough to tell everybody when we got back that he got beat.

Anyway, I don't mind racing people just to run, just don't talk smack about my car. You know? If you have a fast car, more power to you. (Forgive the pun) I'll fully admit that I got creamed by a Civic, IF that ever happens. Oh well, I need to go vent. Later.

this is not cbring 10-23-2002 07:55 AM

whadaya run at the track? what mods?

the civic had a 70 shot and bolt-ons?

*Steeda90GT* 10-23-2002 09:32 AM

Good job man, there are so many 14-15 sec civics out there with naaawwwwwzzzz and they think theyre the ***** because their car doesnt run 16s anymore.

ImportKiller 10-23-2002 10:54 AM

Nice run, beating on the rice boys is soo much fun...

i make sure they know they got beat when im done with them...

Make'em feel like a ***** that just got fuked...

bigwhitecobra 10-23-2002 01:14 PM

Around here the only track is 1/8th mile. My best time there is 8.89@82mph. 60' are in the 1.99-1.90 range, on street tires. The car has more in it, I just haven't been able to drive it to it's full potential yet.

As far as mods go, I have the usual bolt ons. Pullies, headers, Mac Pro Chamber X with Mac cat back, 3.73's aluminum driveshaft, lowering springs, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 70mm TB, Tri-Ax shifter, 2.95 first gear tranny, King Cobra clutch, Steeda quadrant, BBK cable, Cold air kit. I think that's about it. I can't think of anything else.

I'm looking to drop in a cam pretty soon. I think I want to go with a F 303, but I think it may be a little much for the street. Anyone running with a F cam? What's it like on the street?

Anyway, I've been around for a while, just been really busy, and lazy. I'm going to start posting again. Well, I'll talk to you guys later.

EZRIDN 10-23-2002 01:38 PM

Those 60' times are incredible on regular street tires! Are those DRs you are running on???

NotchJohnson 10-23-2002 02:54 PM

Awesome kill man! I would love to see the look on a ricers face when he still gets spanked despite his addition of nawwwwsssssszzzzzzz!

bigwhitecobra 10-24-2002 06:05 PM

Yeah those 60' times are on street tires. Not even DR's. Michelin Pilot XGT v4's 245/45/17's.

I had thought about getting some rear control arms, but with times like that, why bother?

Ackbar00 10-25-2002 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bigwhitecobra

I'm looking to drop in a cam pretty soon. I think I want to go with a F 303, but I think it may be a little much for the street. Anyone running with a F cam? What's it like on the street?

I wouldnt worry about a cam right now. Get an intake next. Then heads. Mine runs just fine on the stock cam.

Mach351C 10-26-2002 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good kill man, I know there are alot of people that think they can run very fast, but they usually really dont know how fast they really are.

Fox Body 10-27-2002 04:30 PM

Ha ha. Good story. Good kill. Goes to show, some people have to be taught a lessen every once in a while ...and yeah, you'd better start posting more bigwhitecobra! ;)

BTW, what makes you so sure you would've gotten your $500 from civic dude?

bigwhitecobra 11-05-2002 10:02 AM

Get rid of the intake? Are you nutts? Do know how well an extude honed Cobra upper and lower flow? Not to mention that it's an extremely rare piece to find now. A stock one that is.

Just to make this Civic guy feel even worse, I found out that I ran him on 7 cyclinders, and no traction loc (putting the clutch packs in it now). I was a one wheel wonder and still spanked him.

Oh and getting the $ from him wouldn't have been that hard to do, he couldn't run fast enough. ;)