MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2002, 01:43 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking Fast and Furious Casting Reject.

As usual my daily travel to work has led me to meet another moron behind the wheel. This one had to be an auditioner for the Fast and Furious, but was rejected.

Here it goes. It was bright, sunny unusually warm day. I was cruising with my windows down enjoying the breeze, and listening to my 50's era Rock and Roll. I hear this distinct buzz of a Import. I look over to see a white Mitsubiushi 3000 GT. No badging indicating anything special, just plain jane, white, and worn looking.

The dude must of seen me. He starts reving, and goosing the throttle. I get a clear lane to the right, whip over to pass the slower vehicles, not flooring it or driving dangerous (although what I consider dangerous is diffrent from what other people consider dangerous driving. )

I maintain the speed limit and just cruise along, next thing I know the 3000 GT goes by at wide open with his Tin sound garbage can sound. Were cruising side by side, I had a van infront of me (Gotta love them Vans ), he had an open lane. He floors it and "Speeds" off (If you can call what he did speeding off). I could hear him winding out the motor hard.

Judging from his speed while rolling and the exhaust tone, he had to be in second gear. I came to the conclusion that I could of dropped it in Third at 40 MPH, and wiped him. I wasnt even going to waste my time.

Well, after a few more stop lights, we catch a light side by side. He Revs again, right next to me. I dont even rev back, I just slowly look over. He's looks at me. With his Oakleys sitting on top of his bald head, he motions with his hand, pointing towards the front of his car and says in this Somewhat feminint, cocky, arroagant voice..with a lisp.

Twin Turbo!!

I knew he was full of crap, It wasnt no Twin Turbo 3000 GT. Before I could even really think of a reply, it came out on its own..Instinct I guess. I raised my hand, pointed to the front of the car and exclaimed.

Vented Radiator Cap!!!!

He kinda looked at me with this dazed, blank, semi speechless stare. Like WTF. I guess he didnt catch my meaning. I was raising the BS Flag on him. I just threw some crap, techinical sounding term back at him.

Thats a VR-4 man, I dont see any badging. Looks just like a Regular 3000 GT to me!

"Oh yeah man, its a VR-4, I just took the badging off."

Must of taken the Turbos off also, I dont hear none spoolin up. Either way, I'm not intimidated.

"Man, there the quit type, its a VR4." he explains.

I think to myself. Oh, I see..Every TT 3000 GT I've seen, You can hear the turbos distinct sound rather plainly.

The conversation ended, and we both looked foward. I was contemplating racing him. Traffic had cleared, and everything looked safe. I thought what the hell. I'll give it a go to 60 MPH.

He Revs when the perpindicular light turns yellow. He wants some, I'll show him.

The light changed and I took off. All I have to say if that was a TT, this guy must of found a way to get Negative Boost (Taking air out the engine, not putting it in) because he was a slow, slow turd. At 60, I let off. I didnt want to go past that because the time of day and possibility of traffic.

He was way back there, I mean way back there. When I let off and slowed down to 45, he flew by with the Ricer Flyby. I just shrugged off and kept laughing at how he said Twin Turbo.

It was like he was trying to audition for the Fast And Furious. WIth his cool glasses, and his cool clothes, in his "Cool" sounding car. He thought he was cool and intimadting me. His face though, when I said vented Radiator Cap was priceless.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:53 AM   #2
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

hehe, "Vented Radiator cap" I like that. I've had a few with turbos race me. U can hear them no matter what they do. I've also raced a 3000GT, newer, not too sure how new. They are slow. My '66 is nothing to brag about, but I beat him off the line so bad, it wasn't funny. He finaly passed me up when my tranny didn't shift to third.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:20 AM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

hahahaha.... lol Merc I live off your stories. lol That one will pull me threw to the weekend. lol That is some funny stuff. Nice kill though. I swear I have no idea what is going threw those ricers head.

Take it Easy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:22 AM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Vented Radiator Cap!!!!

You got him all confused now! he's probly telling everyone about how he passed you on the topend.

You could have gone along with him and after he yelled twin turbo you yell back NAWWWWWWWS!!
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 08:23 AM   #5
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Another "Day in the Life of Merc", LOL
That's too funny!

I've raced a 3000 GT in my stock 96 GT and whipped his arse so bad that I didn't even get the Ricer Flyby! He escaped from embarrassment by heading down an off ramp.

Last edited by MustangKelly96; 03-26-2002 at 12:17 AM..
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:14 AM   #6
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
hehe, "Vented Radiator cap" I like that. I've had a few with turbos race me. U can hear them no matter what they do. I've also raced a 3000GT, newer, not too sure how new. They are slow. My '66 is nothing to brag about, but I beat him off the line so bad, it wasn't funny. He finaly passed me up when my tranny didn't shift to third.
The TT 3000 GTs are pretty quick in stock form, and a challenge if modified. Also, its a turbo car, so there is going to be a bit of lag on the line, but if it WAS the VR4, he would have caught up with, and passed you PDQ.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:36 AM   #7
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

He probably headed straight to the nearest speed shop and asked the guy at the counter if they have any vented radiator caps.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:56 AM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Vented radiator caps and Twin turbo BS

Mercury:

I liked your story - and your attitude - with this clown.

I've never understood why guys with relatively slow ricers always want to race our V-8 Mustangs that can usually kick their butt and embarrass them on the street, sometimes with friends in the car to compound the mortification.

Must be something about driving ricer imports that softens your brain or blinds you to the harsh reality that it takes a lot of work on a Civic to run with, much less beat a V-8 Mustang, and that's if the 'Stang is stock. Add some mods to that V-8 Mustang and the odds of a street-driven ricer blowing off a 'Stang on the street are small to none, as our members prove every day, all around the country. Sure, there are 10-second ricers (outside of the movies) and there are 7-second Mustangs, too, but not running you on the street, at a stoplight.

Anyway, I loved the 'Vented Radiator Cap' ploy. I can just hear this 'cool' clown asking his friends; "What's a vented radiator cap and what does it do to make you go faster?"

Good story. Thanks.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #9
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
That was priceless!!!!
Yeah there are alot, and I mean ALOT of fake cars running around Missouri.
Yesterday, I was cruisin in the stang when I saw ( dont know exactly what it was) some old ricer with 94-98 GT rims with the pony centercaps still on . I told my self Yup he knew where he went wrong when he purchased that car LOL
Old 03-25-2002, 03:12 PM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

ROTFLMAO.

*Gomer Pyle voice*

Well, gooooooolllly Merc, you just have the most amazin stories

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 08:44 PM   #11
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Merc

He probaly went to the CAR TOYS rice shop and asked for more naws. Cause we all know a car can never have enough naws. he probaly wants to big ones so he can race you again. But yes some japanese turbo cars are fast in fayetteville i.e. the 11 second supra and eclipse that hangs out with us.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:23 PM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

heheheh too funny!
I love it! Vented radiator cap... rofl!!
Old 03-26-2002, 01:25 PM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I mean you just had to hear the guy say Twin Turbo and see what he did. It was just so.....(Quote Crazy Horse) GHEY!!!

Hey, I think I just created a new High Performance Piece. I'm going to Market it and sell it to the ricers. Gotta make a cool sticker design though, or else it wont sell.

You see, the Vented Radiator cap allows pressure to vent allowing your water pump to TURN EASIER, therefore building about 30 RWHP. You can also add a whistle tube that builds an extra 5 RWHP by making this cool whistling sound.

YES...IM A GENUIS. Watch out Rice World here I come.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote