MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2005, 02:16 AM   #1
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Ran into a cobra today ..a sad day it was

so im cruisin down spencer highway and a cobra rolls up next to me at one of the lights ...looked around a 1995 or so - i know i shouldnt race in the street but something compels me to do so even on this street which is cop heavy - anyways light goes green and i wait a little to see if he wants to do this ...he romps on it and so do i - after 2nd i gave up about a half a car length behind him. I knew he would have just kept pulling so i thought it kind of pointless ...i just gotta stop tryin to pick on people in my stock '02 GT ...
Old 04-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Ran into a cobra today ..a sad day it was

start the mods!!! Hey, futurama rules, and i know which episode that quote is from too!
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Hey,

That reminds me of a story, i was on a highway, and this 04 silver gt 5-speed kept messing with me.... speeding up, speeding off, reving.. all of that, we stoped at a red light as i lined up with him, he looked over at me and smiled, reving his engine, Me having an auto powerbroke the car to heat up the tires, as his eyes were as big as volley balls, he launched, i launched and beat him by a car length.. not bad for a 2 year old motor summit racing tranny and 3:73 gears
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

You know in Texas they dont give tickets for street racing any more, they impound your car and haul your a$$ to jail. But yeah, I have done it too and I am old enough to know better. The day we bought Chad's 03, we were headed to the Ford Dealer to pick it up, he was in the red 98 and I was in my 97. I took him quick but he caught me. I won't race the 03, I wont pick a race I cant win.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

yeah im aware about the jail thing but again i am 20 and my self control is ..somewhat lacking - i need to get the '68 running again, i got way more respect in that car, not many people wanted to mess with me with that cowl