MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Ran into a cool Porsche guy (long)

I was coming home from work yesterday when I pulled up behind a red '80s Porsche 911 with a whale tail and chin spoiler that I have seen running around town alot. He was first at a stop light with me right behind him. A guy in a big truck was trying to goad us into racing (doesn't take much for me if the circumstances are right). The Porsche took off slow at first and then punched it at about 20mph. I could tell I was a decent amount quicker because I had to let off twice so I didn't go up his tailpipe. The road opens up into 2 lanes, but by that time we were doing 80 or so and the Porsche seemed to have more grunt on the top end. It took me 'til about 130 to pass him. This maniac rolls down his window to listen to my car as I go by. I shut it down as soon as I got by him because there are some crossroads further down the road.
We just cruised for a bit when we came up on traffic, but I turned down a windy backroad and he followed. I took it easy until we got to a relatively safe spot and attacked it through a couple 20-25mph corners. He stayed with me in the first one so I really went deep into the second and I gained about 4 cars on him by the time we exited and straightened out.
He was so excited he had me pull over. Really cool dude - I've never seen anyone so happy to lose a race. He said his was a pretty stock 3.0l non-turbo. He made me pop my hood to see what was under there and checked out underneath the car. Turns out he has 7 Porsches and a 4 car garage turned into a shop and he told me I can come by and use his tools or shop anytime. He was impressed that my Stang could leave him in the twisties; he said he's never met up with anyone that had a car that capable coupled with the balls (or lack of sense maybe) to drive it like that. I didn't mention to him that I have R-compound tires (couldn't give up all my secrets)...
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
sedanman
Registered Member

Sounds like some fun. It is rare to run into a porsche guy that can respect a mustang. Usually they get pissy at me and will sometime even flip me the bird after I destroy them. Oh well its still fun for ME.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

That's really cool, sounds like a really cool guy. I've found it's unusual to find someone that's happy to lose, let alone will talk to you reasonably afterwards.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:10 PM   #4
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Sounds like you met an awesome Porsche guy! He was probably so nice to you because he was thinking "yeah, it keeps up pretty good...to my SLOW Porsche ."

I'd be curious to see what else he has in the stable

Nice runs.

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote