MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Default Ran a LS1 T/A

The other weekend Ezridn comes up to the bitter north for some weekend fun. So we hit the street racing scene and quickly land a race with red auto LS1 TA and a 99+ GT conv. we are going like 40 which is between first and second, can't really drop to first but not ready for second so I just leave it in second and he nails it and I nail it, we are side by side and the R's are still low, then the R's come up and the cam comes on and the stang starts to pull and we shut down with the stang about a fender up and the 99 stang WAY behind. So he wants to go again (and so do I since I was totally in the wrong gear) so we go from a 15mph roll, I leave it in 1st gear and he does to, he says go on 3-2-1-go so I wait and wait tell I see him hit it, then I hit it and instantly jump 3/4 car in 1st! then grab second and put another car and a half or more (trying to pay attention to the shifts and distance over ezridn's laughing), then third and the car lengths just keep adding up. So we shut down and head back and talk to him, it was a stock TA (can't remeber the year) auto 3.23 gears, he said I beat him but he thinks he was hanging with me on the big end, I ask him what he runs he says 13.6@101 I smirk and say that I am more than willing to run from a roll if he thinks he can run on the big end, he declines

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote