MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2002, 02:29 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Ran a modded WRX in the cobra

So I never drive the cobra unless I'm at my home in the Bay, but I was there last Friday, so I took it out to run some errands. I have raced my GT against my cobra, with me driving the GT and I always win. I think my brother just can't drive the cobra well enough, cause man that thing has balls!!
I was practicing my launchs and even on the nittos that thing will leave crazy rubber through 3rd!!

Anyway, I'm out and this blue WRX sedan is sitting on my butt off every single light. Finally he goes to pass me when we enter some twisties. As he goes around I see SCCA and some other stickers (not parts manufactures, but racing bodies) in his back window. I had to show this guy that cobra's are not all about straight line performance only, so I gave chase when he went around. I kept right up with him in the turns, and then we hit a straightaway. He was a couple cars ahead when the road went totally straight, and I saw the tell-tale smoke come out his aftermarket tailpipe. At that point, I was sitting in 4th gear, and I didnt even downshift, just gunned it. Not only did was he unable to gain any ground on me, but I was actually slowly pulling on him. He let off at 100 and I flew by him. We caught the next light but he got in the turn lane. I complemented his ride and asked what he had done. He said, "Cranked up the boost, and some exhaust work."
I was pretty shocked that the cobra could hang with a modded WRX. I told him mine wasnt stock either, and he said it was very fast too, and that we were about even Whatever, I agreed and he went his way. I guess we were pretty close in our race, but I forgot to mention I never even downshifted on his punk ***.

Gotta get the cobra to the track..., in my hands. It's funny cause the one time I ran my GT when I was in the cobra i beat it, but my brother later said he didnt know if he was flooring it He's a bit slow....

I really want to know what this thing is capable of!!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Cobra's rock.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I told you the Cobra has a lot more capability than it has credit for.

Just think what happens when it gets a little modification. Hehehe
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Crane 2031 cam, 3.73's, and a chip are all on deck and will be in by August! Think I can hit high 12's??

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: