MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #21
WhiteT78Supra
Registered Member

mean81GT,

I will find out how much power it makes...all in good time.

MattwantsSpeed,

They can be tough to launch.

I am working on geting a two step to help build boost off of the line. That should help me get my 60' times in the 1.7 - 1.6 range, I hope.
White 93 6spd Supra, targa top, no wing, GReddy T78 turbo, GReddy 4 row intercooler, GReddy/BLITZ shorty D.P. combo, DEI thermal turbine wrap, DEI thermal header / D.P. wrap, GReddy Type R wastegate, GReddy Type R BOV, HKS fuel rail, 720cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, dual in-tank pumps, APEXi N1, GReddy BCC, GReddy Profec B, HKS VPC, APEXi S-AFC, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, GReddy 52mm EGT gauge, Unorthodox cam gears / underdrive pulleys, GReddy turbo timer, B&M shifter, TRD pressureplate, Arizona clutch, TRD strut bar, 255/45 front and 315/35R17 Nitto drag radials out back, Redline Water Wetter, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.
WhiteT78Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:14 PM   #22
STEEDAJEFF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mean81GT
i'm not saying you can't beat the bikes. my bike is fast, but i know of cars that can beat it. they won't race me, but i know they can beat it. but anyone that as heavy into their car as you are logically would have their car dynoed. have you ever run at a strip? if so, post times. can we see some pictures? not calling you a liar, but without much proof it's kinda hard to swallow.
if you had said you were beating anything less than 10 second bikes it would be a different story man.
The kid's car sounds pretty legit- my buddy has a stock motored 94 with an SP-70 (smaller than78) and an FMIC and fuel system.

It pulls 131 in the traps- on drag radials.

33 lbs of boost--- it is a sick car- but keep in mind, he has more in his turbo and fuel system than most have in their whole cars.
STEEDAJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:55 PM   #23
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mean81GT
according to cycle world magazine, the honda cbr 600 f4i runs 10.28 at 130. if you beat him, you didn't blow him away like you said. even with your added 10 lbs of boost, you won't lose a second and a half in the 1/4 just like that.
I can tell you BOb is for real, Sedanman is for real and I am for real we all know eachother. I don't lie I have no reason to and Bob's car in it's current state is more then capable of taking a 12? trap speed bike. Also the magazines like I said before have either a 130 pound tester (SR and Motorcyclest) or a 150 pound tester (cycleworld) that are drag champs and they adjust for sea level not real world numbers by any stretch of the imagination. But it shows where they compare to another bike tested by the same mag.

If Bob said he beat the guy then he beat the guy. End of story.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:21 AM   #24
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

Well I believe him. I mean c'mon guys, there's some stock-motored 10 second turbo and twin turbo stangs out there too.
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
*Steeda90GT* is offline   Reply With Quote