View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 01:35 AM   #1
WhiteT78Supra
Registered Member

Default Ran a turbo Integra, a Grand National, and two bikes!!!

This is a story about a few races that happend Friday night. I just thought I would share them with you.

Well I finally got my GReddy four row intercooler on today. I put about 10 gallons of 115 octane in and went out to try to tune my car. At first it was running great at 28 pounds of boost, but later in the day it started to blow the spark out. By early evening I could only run around 22 pounds of boost.

So I am out running around and I come upon two cars at the light, about 3 cars in front of me, getting ready to race. It turns out one was a turbo Civic. The car that won was a turbo Integra. I pulled up to the Integra and told him "good kill". He said he wanted no part of me, but he went anyway after a little prodding on my part. I gave him a 1 car jump from 30 mph and floored it. I pulled about 5 cars on him to 80 ish mph. We went one more time from a 15 mph roll and I pulled two cars on him and quickly let off. I slowed down and asked him what he had done and his friend that he had with him said he had a T3/T4 with a front mount intercooler and upgraded fuel system.

After racing the Integra I cruised around for about 20 min, when I saw a black Grand National with white 10 spoke rims parked in AutoZone parking lot. I pulled up to him and told him that I liked his car. He said thanks and said he liked my car. He thought it was a Celica. I asked him what he was doing. He told me that he was looking for some fast cars to run. He asked me if there were any around here. I told him there were a few if he knew where to look. He asked me if I had anything done to my car. I told him that it was a stock motor with a few mods. He said "like an intake" I said "yeah, it's got an intake on it". I asked him what his car runs. He told me that it ran a 12.18 in the 1/4 mile on street tires and that it had a PT52 turbo in it with upgraded fuel system and stock stall. We watched a brown turbo Regal T-Type drive by, I smashed him twice about 2 months ago. He asked me if there were any cars around that were sleepers. I told him that I would show him one that was a serious sleeper if he would follow me in his car about two blocks. He told me to lead the way and he would follow. I pulled out and just started driving down the road. I goosed the gas a few time to get him to bite, he did on the third time. He nailed it and pulled up hard from about two cars back. When his car was pulling along side I nailed it and he gained about a 1/4 car on me for about a 1/2 second, than I pulled on him hard. I pulled about 2 cars on him when he let off. I followed him into a parking lot and told him that my car was the sleeper that I was talking about. He could not believe he got pulled that hard by a Toyota.

After I raced the GN I was on my way home when a bike came up behind me and started to gun it. I nailed it with him about 1 car behind me. By the time I let off I had pulled several more cars away from him. We both pulled over into a Shell station parking lot and talked for a little while. His bike was an older Ninja ZX10.

After the run with the ZX10 I see two friends pull up on their bikes, one on a F3 and the other on an F4i. The F4i and I go out to race, the F3 just tagging along to watch and do some wheelies. I ran him from a 20 mph roll. We both started out in first gear. We were side by side to about 105 when I started to pull on him hard. I let off and we did it again from a 40 mph roll. This time I just pulled away from him and let off again at about 90 mph. He was impressed. Him and I both have a mutual friend with a blown 99 Mustang Cobra. They raced last night and the F4i pulled him hard the whole way. The Mustang Cobra traps 127 in the 1/4.

I can't wait to get my ignition problem fixed and crank the boost up some more.

Bob

White 93 6spd Supra, targa top, no wing, GReddy T78 turbo, GReddy 4 row intercooler, GReddy/BLITZ shorty D.P. combo, DEI thermal turbine wrap, DEI thermal header / D.P. wrap, GReddy Type R wastegate, GReddy Type R BOV, HKS fuel rail, 720cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, dual in-tank pumps, APEXi N1, GReddy BCC, GReddy Profec B, HKS VPC, APEXi S-AFC, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, GReddy 52mm EGT gauge, Unorthodox cam gears / underdrive pulleys, GReddy turbo timer, B&M shifter, TRD pressureplate, Arizona clutch, TRD strut bar, 255/45 front and 315/35R17 Nitto drag radials out back, Redline Water Wetter, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.
WhiteT78Supra is offline   Reply With Quote