MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2002, 03:29 AM   #1
50DAVIDLX

Default really close call.

The night had started out on a good note when i got in a race with a turbo charged eclipse and was dead even with him through 1st 2nd and 3rd then he stopped when we ran out of room ( i had 3 people in my car and it was just him in his). Then he gave me the thumbs up and i gave him one back. Later on i realized it was i guy from my school, that’s how i found out the car had a turbo.

But the bad news is, i saw this other guy from school who drives a white Mazda mx6 that i don’t get along with and who has raced me before and thought he won. so it was time to prove to him that my car can slotter his car. We both hit the red on the stoplight. he didn't look over at me once. but he revved it up. (the light took for ever) the light finally went green and i took off (notice how i said "i took off") he never went but i got all the way up to 65mph. the next stop light he was no ware visible but there was a cop behind me. he followed me for a couple of miles and finally pulled me over. he asked for the usual items, that i happen to have none of (2nd mistake). i told him it was in my golf pants at home on my flour. he then did a check on my my license plate and once that was good he told me all the things wrong 3rd i had a little pic on my mirror and 4th and hopefully final he ask why the guy in the white car wouldn’t race. Then he jokingly said "may be he say me be hind you" and i said how stupid i was. but he ended up letting me go because i like seem a good kid. he also said he would of written me up i was going to be a smart a** like most people are.

all together the night ended on a very lucky note
Old 04-14-2002, 03:54 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Damn, man, that was a close one!! You are so lucky. What city's police officer was this?

I was giving some friends a ride in my GT back home in Pleasant Hill and I was showing off. I took off from a light full throttle, all the way up to 90, and then I saw the cop who had been RIGHT behind me the whole time! He followed me for a mile, then just left me alone! I was so shocked! Some cops just dont sweat good ole street fun I guess! Be safe out there!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 04:02 AM   #3
50DAVIDLX

This was in Roseville...

Btw i am a stupid tonight and I can't spell

http://asuaf.org/~enigmatic/insult/ponchomo.jpg
Old 04-14-2002, 06:21 PM   #4
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post you were lucky

man... you are lucky you didnt pull that out east... out here on the east coast, they aren't even playing with street racers any more... they even bring out helicopters in Philly. what is that gonna do? lmao. but dont push your luck, always check your mirrors. and the guy you wanted to race, he was probably laughing his *$# off.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote