MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Research on a newer Eclipse Spyder Covertible

The kid who lives across the street from me traded in his 97 chevy z71 stepside (pretty kickass IMO) for a 1998-up Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible. It's a manual, 5 speed I think, hasn't been riced out yet, completely stock. Can anyone tell me what kind of horsepower, torque, and quarter-mile times these have?
Are there any AWD or "special edition" versions of these cars I should be watching for? This is the 3rd one in a town of 30,000 people that I've seen so far. The other 2 won't race but I wanna try this kid cuz he was talking **** about how the car is sooooooooo fast and that fords suck and all this crap i didn't care to hear. here's the funny part: he was learning to drive it today. Either that or he was drunk. He killed it like 4 times at the end of the court that we live on. I know it won't be fair if he's learning to drive a stick, but oh well, life's not fair.............Maybe I'll give him a race after 6 months....thanks in advance for the info.

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote