MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-21-2001, 10:51 PM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Post Rev's But No Race!

Today I decided to take out my parents out to dinner and while we were comming back home a Camaro is riding my *** . I start going to slower and here he comes on my left side and I accelarate up to 50 mph. He's catching up but I'm just toying with him at this point. When all of a sudden he punches is and comes by reving. I look on the emblems and it's a Z-28 that a prick that I know owns. It has a 6 speed in it but everything is stock just an exhaust. The light up ahead turns red. We come to a stop and he's still reving and down shifting to stop. While we're at the light he throws a long rev. I wasn't going to race him because my parents were with me but I throw one back. My parents start giving me this talk saying something if this is how I always drive kind of bull. When the light changes and I take off pull up to 2 grand but he makes no effort to catch up. My question is could I have beaten him? What kind of 1/4 times do these have?

OH YEAH! We saved a life. One of my friends a now former "chevy guy" is now a "FORD MAN" He sold his 72' fleetside chevy with a 350 and the edelbrock RPM package and picked up an 89' Vert Stang. The car has an off-road H-pipe, B303 cam, Flow dumps with no cats, K&N filter, upgraded mass air sensor, 3.73 limited slip gears, 16" rims, a rebuilt T-5, and rebuilt engine. Get this he picked it up for only 4 grand the car is in great condition.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I think you could have easily beaten him a stock z-28 is good for a high 14. Some of them even run 15's. Even with the extra weight you would have spanked hiss a#@.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote