View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 09:49 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 98GtPower
What? How can you deny numbers just because it comes from a certain magazine?
LOL, and I bet you believe ever word in the National Inquirer! Magzines can change a story around so fast it will make your head spin. We all remember the story about the Integra Type R that beat the Standard GT. After the Mustang Kicked the Type R's a** around in every aspect, they modified the test so that the mustang could not win. ALWAYS take a magzine article with a grain of salt. Especially if it is an import mag talking about a domestic or a domestic mag talking about an import.

Quote:
As for resale value, they are both in that same category.
You have much to learn dear grasshopper if you think the lotus is in the same category as a Cobra R (or smoking crack ). The Cobra R is a VERY limited Production factory Road racer. There were only 300 built. Buying a Cobra R is buying an investment. The value will only go up. Not true for the lotus or 99.99% of other cars on the road (including other mustangs).

Quote:
I think the Cobra R, which runs like a 13.5.
1. The Corba R is a track machine not a drag car
2. The numbers that I have seen are close to mid 12's with slicks or high 12's low 13's on street tires. Of course we're limited to believeing magazines on this car due to the rarity of the car .

Quote:
Buy the way, i think people go to cars like neons because its easier to fix up, its more affordable to fix up(my friend just found his hipo 2.0L built engine for $200),
LOL. I guess you have to define "fix up" Even for regular maintanence items, my 95, 5.0L mustang has been MUCH than my wife's chev cavalier, my friends Pick-up, co-workers Honda, etc, etc. This list goes on. I can't speak for the 4.6 as my experience is limited mostly to the 5.0.

If you want to start talking performance "fix up's". Hell will freeze over before that happens

Quote:
they are lighter and end up doing well in quarter miles and such.
LOL, I have yet to EVER witness, talk to someone, read about, dream about or do drugs and visualize a neon do better than a Mustang at a 1/4 mile track. I don't think I've ever even heard that the words "Neo" ,"well" and "1/4 mile" used in the same sentence before!

Yes they are lighter, but with a 100+ HP disadvantage, they need to lose another 1000 pounds before they start to do "well" at the "1/4 mile".

I don't mean to come down on you buddy, it just kinda happened that way

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew