MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default rice hater's club????

i've been on the board a couple of days........and i've noticed the rice hater's stuff.........

well, i just checked out the link and it brings me to pose this question:

Aren't you tired of the whole "ricer" thing?

i've been checking out automotive websites and message boards for 5-6 years, and i haven't seen a new "ricer" pic or story or comparison in years.

i don't know, it kinda seems like an unhealthy obsession. why focus so much energy?
Old 10-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Because ricers suck. Don't take up for those baggy jean, disease carryin fags.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
ricer (n.) - a kitchen utensil in which soft foods are pressed through a perforated container to produce strings
i've never used, but i don't think they suck..........i imagine they can be quite useful
Old 10-01-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

First of all I'd like to say that there is a difference between a import and a ricer. "Rice" is a additude, not a car. They are the opposite of real car guys. All show and no go.

They dont' know JACK about cars, but act like can rebuild it in there sleep.

We're simply tired of being told by some 17 year old that his Honda, with it's 4 foot tall wing, nasty ground effects, and huge amounts of stickers, is "phat" and that our domestics suck.

At the local crusie spot I hang out at there is a Integra that uninformed people think it performance God, he ran and 14.5. And it's turbocharged!!!! So whoo hoo and heavily modded 4 banger still isn't as fast as 99+ stang and can run with a stock 5.0(that is IF there are any stock 5.0's left). Well whoo hoo, there are 2 Hondas in town that can run 12's. There are hundreds of domestics in town that run 12's.

So in essence, ricers are everything we hate.

log onto AIM and I'll explain it to you better.

1998 HD Electra Elide

Last edited by tireburner163; 10-01-2002 at 03:15 PM..
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Go back to the website, and read the Ricer's Kill Story. That pretty much explains it all.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:46 PM   #6
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
and a heavily modded 4 banger still isn't as fast as 99+ stang
true enough, but those 6cylinder guys are a little different...id walk on a sotck guy, but if he did a few things hell be up with me and easily passing me...pisses me off when it happens...lol...usually its a prelude/integra with a huge turbo tho....so i just go "whisssshh" at him ...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:50 PM   #7
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

"2002 vw gti 1.8T".....psssst guys....hes rice....
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by 4cyl_Of_Fury
"2002 vw gti 1.8T".....psssst guys....hes rice....
You may be right, but you never know. I have seen quite a few very respectable GTI's.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:48 PM   #9
this is not cbring
Registered Member

well, riddle me this, what would make my car "rice"?????

my whole point isn't that these people shouldn't be made fun of..........my point is that i struggle to find a thread that doesn't have a "rice" comment or something about "rice" in a sig.........

and if it still is funny to you, go snap some new pics or tell some new stories instead of recirculating that same old jokes...........i'll even make a post to get you started..........

i remember sitting in the computer lab during general studies courses and laughing over those very same pics and stories on that site.........and i've been out of college for a year and a half now........so that was 4 or 5 years ago
Old 10-01-2002, 08:03 PM   #10
this is not cbring
Registered Member

here is a recent "ricer" experience
Old 10-01-2002, 09:13 PM   #11
84LX89GT
Mustangs

People have all sorts of ricer stories on this board, there's everywhere now. You can hear stories about them at car show, race tracks, hell even living accross the street. If you go back a year on the street racer and General discussion board, you could probably read at least 100 different threads with all original stories with people sharing their experiences. I could give you a whole handful off the top of my head if i wanted. The guys that have been on this board for awhile have shared these stories and in fact, it's how the "ricer hater's club" started. Even the guys who have been on the board a few months understand.

Another thing you have to realize that is besides our common bond to mustangs, another thing alot of people have in common is encounters with "rice" cars and the idiots who drive them. This is something that is easy to joke about, and in my opinion it's funny. If i owned a European, or Japanese car, chances are i probably would only like a few people that are in that genre, but it so happens there are a lot more people that are more go than show that drive mustangs on this site.

If you go to www.mustangworld.com and look through the readers rides and through the tech articles you'll see alot of domestic rice on that site. You'll see base V6 mustangs, stock other than "cold air intake" "exhaust" "altezza lenses" "yellow stickers everywhere" "Titanium Ultra Blue HID Euro Style headlight bulbs" with Cobra badges plastered all over the place, Roush Stickers with nothing Roush no them, etc. etc. etc.

This stuff is considered to by ricey (rice is considered to be both idiocy/arrogance of the driver as well as a "distastefully customized vehicle" that is basically slow and/or hacked together).
This stuff singularly may not throw the vehicle into ricetitude, but combined it is the foundation of riciness:
1. Altezza Lights on something other than an altezza (i think they're just gross anyway)
2. Fog lights all over the place
3. Big Banners/Stickers all over the body
4. Mis-spelled/unreadable banners/stickers such as: "Racing Konseptz" or "Honda @$#%! (japanese characters)"......unless the person is sponsored at it's an actual race car. Even then it's still ugly as hell.
5. Wings that stand close to the roof. Especially those ugly Erector set wings.
6. Unpainted body kits (just ugly) If you can afford the kit, get the damn thing painted for christ's sake. At least save up till you can get them done together.
7. Yellow (ugly) accents - for example yellow air vents accenting blue interior
8. 11,000 rpm 5" monster tachometer blocking view through windshield.
9. Seats reclined during normal driving to the point where they're touching the rear seats.
10. Pointless fire extinguisher mounted on A-pillar
11. YoU TyPe LiKe tHiS fOr nO ApPaReNt ReAsOn.

So i hope this answers a few questions you may have. Please feel free to enjoy the other posts on this site other than the rice ones. The rice posts are less than about 5% of what people talk about normally. Just look at all the tech boards. Hope this clears things up a bit. Welcome to mustangworks!

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:18 PM   #12
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Let me be the first to say..YOU SIR ARE A RICER.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:05 PM   #13
digital3.3

boy you sure are very quick to tell us off for having a bit of fun. i know some ricer guys and they make fun of us for having "boring" cars that don't look fast. but as i always say "you can make anything look fast, but that don't make it fast."
and why do you care so much what we think about them anyways? does it make that big of an impact on your "so very" important life? can you whine any more? what am i saying you sound like a ricer and they always whine or make excuses. and heres some advice if you don't like reading about this passe ricers stuff then just don't read it and stop annoying those of us trying to have a bit of humour in our lives.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:11 PM   #14
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
i haven't seen a new "ricer" pic or story or comparison in years.
I'm sure you've scoped out street racer's corner... How can you miss all of the "new" and "original" stories there?

Oh yea, some blasts from the past:

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...?threadid=9724

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...threadid=18207

Remember rice is an attitude, not a make or model of car....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:21 PM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

why so defensive my friend, do you have a scaffold spoiler on the rear of afwd car, 4,00 sticker's , including- nnnnaawwwzz, sounds like a rice rice baby. lol

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:25 AM   #16
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

i dont see why they cant be made fun of when all they do to us domestic people is tell us how crappy our mustangs/domestics are when in fact they have cars that were made to be economy cars and not sports cars for the most part civics/accords etc.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:50 AM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

4cyl_Of_Fury and Eric4Nitrous how do you know he's a ricer? Have you seen his car? There is a difference between a import and a ricer. Since when is a stock GTI rice? What's next....are 300Z's rice? What about Supra's?

I swear, stangers these days are getting Ricephobia bad. I respect anything fast, I dont' care what it is. Now dont' get me wrong, I hate ricers just as much as the next guy, but this domestic guys calling every import a ricer crap is starting to get on my nerves.

1998 HD Electra Elide

Last edited by tireburner163; 10-02-2002 at 12:55 AM..
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:53 AM   #18
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I think you guys calling any car that isnt domestic a ricer is getting just as bad as the ricers themselves. I mean eric you havent even seen his car before. Maybe it could kick some of our cars asses you never know? So when do we get pics of your car Eric?

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:06 AM   #19
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
4cyl_Of_Fury and Eric4Nitrous how do you know he's a ricer? Have you seen his car? There is a difference between a import and a ricer. Since when is a stock GTI rice? What's next....are 300Z's rice? What about Supra's?

I swear, stangers these days are getting Ricephobia bad. I respect anything fast, I dont' care what it is. Now dont' get me wrong, I hate ricers just as much as the next guy, but this domestic guys calling every import a ricer crap is starting to get on my nerves.
ya ....what he said...

i thought this thread was ironic since latly i've had a few run ins with vw owners that i would consider funny .

the other day i was driving home from up north with a friend of mine .....well low and behold there's a stock looking gti tailgating me ......said to my friend ...."looks like he wants to play".....sure enough when we cleared traffic he gets into the other lane to play ..........well normally bone stock gti's disapear pretty quickly ......so me and my friend waved as i stomped on it
......long story short .....the gti wasn't stock and he proved to be pretty competitive ........as we came into traffic the guy driving started yelling about how his car was better and he only has a four cyl ect ...yadda yadda yadda...

what i thought was funnie was that this guy was so smitten and proud of his car for keeping up with my stang .....(news flash ....my cars not real fast)......i give props to all the import guy's i meet that have pretty fast cars .......i've seen 11 sec eclipes's,12 sec hondas 12 sec vws ......give props to those guy's cause if you think about it 11s 12s is pretty quick for a four banger.........but when you spend a couple of thousand dollars just to be able to keep up with a mildly modified 15 year old 200,000 mile on it stang ......

that not real impresive to me and makes me laugh when i think about this guy putting all that money and effort into a car just to keep up with an old v8 car ....he probly had more money in mods then i have in my whole car and his moter will probly need rebuilt next year when my old v8 just keeps going and going and going

.......thats the kinda stuff that makes me laugh ,...when i think about imports .....you can make anything fast ....but how much money do you want to spend .....and how long do you want it to last ...........
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:47 AM   #20
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i agree with tireburner completely on this one too...i decided to stay out of it while the couple of members called him rice....we, or at least I, have no reason to believe he's a ricer, I think he just drives a nice import...and its a german import, I love german imports......course if you do have all sorts of stickers on your big wing thats another story, cuz even the VW dealers would look at you funny..lol...

sounds like he was curious as to why we make fun of em, so a couple of you guys launched yourself at the opportunity to label the one of few non-stang owners on this site...i hope i wouldnt get treated the same if i went onto 3si.com to post cuz i love 3000GTs....and they have some bada** ones over there...heh....

i think all in all, this looks like it was just a cheapshot exstravaganza! cool word, huh?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote