MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rice Rice.. everywhere (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26197)

Rice Hunter 07-15-2002 09:52 AM

Rice Rice.. everywhere

Hey guys, this thread has a few points, so please bare with me, or if your attention span is short, not unlike mine, I won't be offended if you don't read this.

#1: I went to Disney World with my girlfriend (I know, I have yet to pop the question and she's getting pissed), and there are ricers EVERYWHERE. Why is it they will drive up and give the slack jawed gock at my girlfriend when they know I'm looking right at them! Darn teenagers! They rev and take off...."No Scott, this is Disney world, no racing" says my girlfriend. Bottom Line: it's a plaque.

#2: The Racers Part: I get back, and jump back into my Cobra for the first time in a week. I'm cruising down 611 bypass. There is a little construction (45mph) and I'm behind someone doing 40. It's fine, I don't mind. This pair of headlights practically rear ended me and stays on my but like flies on crap. The other lane finally opens up and this new style Monte Carlo guns it passed me. What do these cars have in them? I didn't care, I was pissed. I catch up to him and at 60mph he guns it. I gun it as well, I'm in fourth. I'm pull passed him easy until 4000rpm-ish. Then my car really takes off, like a bat outa-hell. I slow down. Wait...and wait, and still waiting.. ah there he is. I'm now doing 80 from the 120 I was doing before. He wouldn't want to run again, would he? He would. He guns it, "maybe I was in the wrong gear, I'll take this mustang this time". I gun it again.... yeah, same result. Bottom Line: He should have recognized the snake on my car.

#3: The Other Racers Part: Basically same eact story, but a little toned down happened to me and an LS1 Z28 going back the other way! I spanked him of course, but the funniest thing was, there was a CRX with a fart can and huge spoiler behind the Z28. Hahaha, wow, at least he tried, right? RIGHT?! Bottom Line: becareful LS1 lovers, not all snakes are "slow" and if you have a CRX, don't mess with the big boys.

Thanks reading guys!

The Deuce 07-15-2002 02:46 PM

There is nothing worse than being out with your woman and having some punk kid think he can steal her heart with a coffee can.:rolleyes: Some people just have no respect.

Good kill on the z28. Sounds like the snake is running pretty good.

MattwantsSpeed 07-15-2002 03:57 PM

hahaha sux to be you guys :) My g/f HATES rice and loves to beat them, whether it's her car or mine.

StoplightWarrior 07-15-2002 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MattwantsSpeed
hahaha sux to be you guys :) My g/f HATES rice and loves to beat them, whether it's her car or mine.
Same here! It's awesome when you have a cheering section as you're beating up the rice, etc.

1hot5.0 07-17-2002 12:20 AM

Quote:

There is nothing worse than being out with your woman and having some punk kid think he can steal her heart with a coffee can. Some people just have no respect.
I agree. It would make me so mad if that happened to me. Im still shopping for a 5.0, so I still drive my parents vehicles... I dont know what it is about some people. Rice burners try to race me in a ford explorer. I sometimes for the heck of it, punch it, and i end up winning by a car length :D My parents explorer is by no means a performance vehicle, but sometimes these ricers piss me off and I have to show them how slow they are if a explorer can beat them. I can't wait to get my 5.0 and take them on for real :). Anyways, nice kills man!

SCOTTLT79 07-17-2002 08:00 AM

You guys want to talk about CRXs. I was leaving work with my brother last week and some punk in a CRX with the fart can wanted to race my brother. We actually won. Oh yeah, the saddest part is that my brother drives a four cylinder Jeep Wrangler. Not quite the performance vehicle. I was just wishing that we took the stang out that day, that would have been fun.
I'll be looking for him.