MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ricer says he can beat me with 100 shot... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=30998)

yelowjaket 11-09-2002 08:32 AM

Ricer says he can beat me with 100 shot...

A ricer from my school yesterday said that his Civic SI with custom headers, exhaust, and a 100 shot of NOS could kick my stang's ***. I don't know much about Civic SI's are they known to be pretty quick with that setup? Just curious. He also said that he beat a BMW M3 on the highway. He estimates he can run a 12.9 in the 1/4. I'm not exactly sure how fast my car is in the quarter mile but I assume i probably got around 240 HP, and a little over 300 ft.- lbs. of torque (Check sig for my mods). Can I beat him by a lot or will he actually propose a threat to me?

20LbsBoost 11-09-2002 11:29 AM

No worries. Run him and find out.

Special K 11-09-2002 11:31 AM

Hi,

I really doubt he can run in the 12s with that setup. There is no way he can shoot 100shot in first or second gear.

Without nitrous his setup if good for low 15s. And I would guess somewhere in the high 13s with nitrous. Maybe mid 13s at best.

I would definatly put my money on him on the highway tho.

fastang 11-09-2002 12:41 PM

My girlfriend drives an Si, quick little car. With induction, a header and a 100 shot it will go 13's easy With the 100 shot that little motor will be making about 275 hp in a very light car in comparison. You'll probably get the launch because your rear wheel drive, but he'll probably suck you up in second and just keep goin. Good luck, but dont race him.

spankaveli 11-09-2002 01:24 PM

i had one with only a 55 shot and i can tell ya, if you race him, don't put money down unless you're feeling VERY lucky.

LayanRubr 11-09-2002 02:42 PM

Pretty much my sentaments too ;) Dont put down money but I'd take him on a similar 1/8th run only to get the jump :)

Hammer 11-09-2002 04:21 PM

First question:
Does he actually HAVE those mods or his he spewing bull crap?
(Typical for ricers)

Get some practice at the track, run him in the 1/8 and get a good launch....

My bet is he'll nail it in first with the NAAWWWSS, blow his 60 foot all to hell, and not have enough room to catch up by the traps.
(Hell, those stock civic tires weren't exactly made for putting power to the ground...)

Just don't run him on the freeway...

My next response to him would be:
"Pretty sad that you need a 100 shot of nitrous to have a chance..."

Like I said in another post. I can strap a rocket to a roller skate, doesn't mean I want to drive it...
:D

20LbsBoost 11-09-2002 05:14 PM

Not sure what your setup is, but I can say this with confidence; I wouldn't be afraid to race him whatsoever.

95mustanggt 11-09-2002 05:48 PM

I ran a civic with a Nitrous, I don't know how big it was, I would guess no less than a 50 shot.

In my 95 GT, with 2.73 gears, and a BAD stock MAF, I took him all the way. I wasn't pulling hard on the guy, but I would have won 1/8th or 1/4.

Special K 11-09-2002 06:10 PM

But there is a big difference between a regular civic and a Civic Si.

My brother had a Civic Ex(127hp) with a 55shot of nitrous and he was still slower then my stock Civic Si(160hp)

Why?! I got more rev and better gearing!

Hammer 11-09-2002 06:11 PM

Its time for a pro-m MAF Cam...

Heck, Its BEEN time... ;)

95mustanggt 11-09-2002 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hammer
Its time for a pro-m MAF Cam...

Heck, Its BEEN time... ;)

I have a Pro-M 75 mm unit now (well Granitelli).

My car needs a lot of stuff, I just don't have the money to do it here in Canada :(

Hey, I called you tonight, and you weren't home. Robyn sounded tired though.

DAN-MAN 11-09-2002 09:43 PM

Run the dude. He might be lying about his mods and he might not. Never hurts to find out.

Tell the dude you want to see underneath his hood and see if what he's saying is true. That may make him back down.

Daniel.

typeR 11-09-2002 10:08 PM

i would think it would take some internal work for the Si to handle a 100 shot...i raced an integra LS with 85 shot and he had no chance...9.4 1/8th's i doubt the Si is spryin that much and how well he can control it will be another issue ,but you need to beable to put down a 13.9 1/4 to do ok and his 12.9 just goes to tell you how full of **** he is....better make it a 200 shot 12.9 jeeze...now if he strips to whole interior maybe...maybe

Special K 11-09-2002 10:12 PM

I agree a stock B16A2 will not last very long with 100shot!

20LbsBoost 11-09-2002 10:25 PM

I agree but have a different suggestion.

Run him straight up. Make a couple passes if it's close. If so, see where his weakness is and exploit it. If you're better from a dead stop then insist on those type runs. If you get beat consistently be a good sport and congratulate him on his faster ride and acknowledge defeat. No shame in it. What is is what is. There's ALWAYS someone faster than you, even if it's a rare ricer.

As far as exploiting weaknesses when I ran my 1st Lightning it was a tough go for me from a 40 mph roll, that's his strength. I slowly pulled on him but not good enough to satisfy me. He was proud of his accomplishment and I took advantage of his pride. My car's superb at launches from a dead stop so I challenged him to a run from a red light. He eagerly agreed not expecting a plain white '89 T/A to CATAPULT off the line like a jet fighter leaving an aircraft carrier. I had'em by 2 car lengths just leaving the intersection and he was disposed of in short order.

Another strategy I use when racing cars with manual transmissions is to get them from a dead stop too. Most can't launch without smoking the tires. Their adrenalin and heart are racing, they're eager to win, revving their engines and BAM pop the clutch and the tires go up in smoke while I'm hooking up and GONE.

Moral; go race'em and give that ricer a little "what for" of American Muscle. Go for $20, not a big deal if you lose, but make sure it's agreed that it's a best of 3 back to back. Go get'em and good luck.

lyonsd 11-12-2002 03:42 PM

Re: Ricer says he can beat me with 100 shot...

Quote:

Originally posted by yelowjaket
A ricer from my school yesterday said that his Civic SI with custom headers, exhaust, and a 100 shot of NOS could kick my stang's ***. I don't know much about Civic SI's are they known to be pretty quick with that setup? Just curious. He also said that he beat a BMW M3 on the highway. He estimates he can run a 12.9 in the 1/4.
12.9? :rolleyes: Yeah, sure.

Everybody overestimates their own car. Then they go to the strip and make excuses why they didn't run what they thought they could. I think he'll be lucky if he gets into the 13s.

Race him, like the Turbo Trans Am guys said.

BAleR 11-13-2002 10:02 AM

theres this kid at my school that has an 80's model Civic SI with a b16 moter or whatever in it. he was talking all this **** saying that his ricer is the fastest one bla bla bla. i raced him in my mustang twice after school. the first time, i beat him by about a half a car length, then the secound time we went from about a 30mph roll on, he floored it first, then I and we were about dead even, up to about 60, then i started to real him in slowly, but there was a car in his lane and he had to shut it down. i would have defanitaly beaten him if we kept goin. shows ya how much american cars are better than imports. a `94 v6 with 160,000miles on it can still beat a freakin light *** modded civic, truely sad, i bet he thought he was truely fast too.

-BAleR-

BAleR 11-13-2002 10:04 AM

CONVERTABLE none the less.

95mustanggt 11-13-2002 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BAleR
...`94 v6 with 160,000miles on it ....
And just imagine if you had a 5.0L V8 :)