MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2001, 04:46 AM   #1
Rhauf
Registered Member

Post Ricers cant outrun a stang.

ok skyler talked me into writing here after i told him this little story, so here it is for all you to enjoy.

first of all a brief summory of my car. it's a 68 mustang, built 302, no nitrous or supercharger. aprox 320 horsepower. t-5z tranny. the suspension is mostly stock, it has a good swey bar and a few other upgrades. it actuially has verry little body roll on turns. ok, now on with the fun,
i'm in san diego at the moment, staying at the olympic center, which is out in the middle of the boondocks, most of the roads around here are windy mountain roads. really close to mexico's border. well these roads are pretty fun to drive on. the other night i was driving back from the movies, and i caught upto this ricer, it was dark so i couldnt tell exactly what kind of car it was, but it had the big shiny exaust, and stuff. well once i start getting close to him, aparently he diddnt want me to catch him, so he speeds up. i know this road pretty well, so it wasnt a problem keeping up with him, after a while of this, he goes around a blind turn and slams on the breaks, i think he was trying to get me into a wreck. but i wasnt exactly tailgating so i slowd down with no problems. after that he pulls off of the road, and i go past him..
well my turn off was coming up so i started slowing down, about this time he catches back upto me, and comes extremely close behind me, only a couple feet from my bumper, and he puts his brights on. well, being close to my turn i put on my left blinker, and begin to gradually slow down, so he doesnt run into me. keep in mind i'm on a big blind curve on a road with a mountain on one side and a drop on the other. double yellow lines in the middle. so i start to make my left turn, and he darts around me on the left! if i diddnt turn back right away i'd of probably either run into him and spun him out and he'd of gone either into the mountain, or down the cliff.

later i was thinking about it, and the more i thought about it the funnier it got, because before he pulled over and let me go past, all he could see was headlights, im sure he had no idea what kind of car it was, but when i went past him, i'm sure the fact that it was not a either some extreme sports car, or some other ricer on his tail fried his butt. and not only was it a big american car with an archaic v-8 in it, but it was a 34 year old one! well thats the end of my story =) hope you all enjoyed it

------------------
-1968 Red Mustang Coupe-
FMS 5.0L Crate motor, Y Aluminum heads, E-303 Cam, Edelbrock performer intake, Holley 600 carb, MSD 6AL, Stock C4 and 3.08's.
Rhauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 06:00 AM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

good story!!! i know how u feel. last night a honda civic came flying up my a$$ and blew by me and the car in front of me. all i heard was a loud fart pipe zoom by. so a mile up the road he was at a red light and i pull up next to him, look over real quick and he sees me. the light turns green and i'm gone! he was so far behind me and couldn't keep up. as i get to my turn he flys by again at like 60 really close to me. whats with these rices thinking that there the fastest thing on the road?

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 02:33 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Then they gotta be assholes when they find out they aren't.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 10:20 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

Ricers suck. Period.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 02:08 AM   #5
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

good kill even though he tried to kill ,you also hope he lik'ed getiing smoked, by a old american car guess when ,he tried to wreck you he had been smokin'g too much fried lice.good one! see ya

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 02:10 AM   #6
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

good kill even though he tried to kill ,you also hope he lik'ed getiing smoked, by a old american car guess when ,he tried to wreck you he had been smokin'g too much fried lice.good one! see ya

------------------
sorry , about the re- peat would'nt let me delete one of them.

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 03:48 PM   #7
ALS85GT
Registered Member

Wink

It seems to me that some of these ricer boys have chips on their shoulders. But I believe they know that what they drive is inferior to the 5.0, LOL.
ALS85GT is offline   Reply With Quote