MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-03-2001, 01:26 AM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Post Ricers and Chevy's get wasted by 88 Coug and 66 Fastback

Man, I just had to post about this guys car. I saw the cleanest 66 white fastback I have ever seen in my life. This car looked tight. I pulled up next to him trying to find a race all night. After getting hole in traffic I kinda punched it to see if he wanted to run. He punched it to and seemed to pull pretty good. I was surprised because older stangs are usually pretty slow. We turned around to get some open road and went rolling from about 20, we stayed really close, neither of us pulled on the other, we slowed down for a light. It went green and I peeled out like mad, could not get traction, finally I hooked up and he was a car length ahead and stayed that far for while. I thought he hadn't shown me everything the first time, I was impressed. Then we hit another light, this time I hooked up and SLOWLY pulled until I had about a car length at 90. This was with a full car! My friends are all yelling and stuff. It was fun. I pulled in and talked to him, his car was THE CLEANEST 66 I've ever seen. I was jealous. The rest of the night, we drove around looking for races. We raced a late 80s camaro who said he had a 350 but it sounded weak. We both pulled away from the line and left him a good 4 cars back, then we ended up smoking "fart pipes, and rice rockets" all night long. It was so badass to pull up on either side of a ricer with two badass fords and have them rev their nasty fart pipes and then watch them in the rear view.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 01:16 PM   #2
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Cool

Sounds tight man.If I ever get the parts everyone has promised to sell me and all maybe I could start racing something other than my imagination. I removed the silencer but thats only going to get me into the high 13's on a non HO motor hahahahahahaha. High 13 1/8 mile

------------------
Rob meister
89 Mercedes 190E 2.6
87 Lincoln Continental 5.0
Ex 86 Mercury Cougar
with anemic 3.8

LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote