MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Roush Kill (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=23729)

blue00gt 05-14-2002 03:23 PM

Roush Kill

Got to race a '96-'98 Roush on the freeway today. Must have been a Stage I or just had the body kit, wheels, and badging. Nice looking black Stang. The guy had a mountain bike on his roof, but he pulled up and revved anyways. Sounded pretty mean - it had the Roush side exhaust on it. We slowed down on the freeway to get some room and went from about a 55mph roll. I gave him the jump and smoke him like a cheap cigar. It seemed like I was gaining about a car length per second on him, so I just shut it down at the top of third.
He came up and tried it again with the same result. At least he was cool - gave me a wave and a nod when I got off the freeway.
I love this warm weather! I have seen so many nice muscle cars and sports cars in the last week out here...

89 Cobra LX 05-14-2002 03:41 PM

Re: Roush Kill

Quote:

Originally posted by blue00gt
Got to race a '96-'98 Roush on the freeway today. The guy had a mountain bike on his roof, but he pulled up and revved anyways.
LMAO - I would love to see someone racing with their bike on the roof. He's probably lucky not to have the bike fly off at 100+ MPH.:eek:

StoplightWarrior 05-14-2002 05:11 PM

Haha, good kill. 96-98 Gt's make tasty treats for 99+.

Hammer 05-14-2002 05:19 PM

Quote:

Haha, good kill. 96-98 Gt's make tasty treats for 99+.
Ahhh, Watch what you wish for Stoplight... ;)

95mustanggt 05-14-2002 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hammer

LOL, that's why I love your car man.

MUSTANG=Expect the unexpected!
CIVIC=Expect a slow car
CAMERO=Expect a lot of rattling
CORVETTE=Expect a big attitude
INTEGRA=Expect an anoying fart sound

:D

StoplightWarrior 05-14-2002 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hammer

Sorry, guess I should have said "Naturally aspirated, non-headswapped 96-98 GT's make tasty treats for the 99+ GT's"

Obviously you would hand many a 99+ GT its ***. :p

But wait for a 99+ to strap a blower on and see what happens...

Still, I have yet to run into a quick 96-98 on the street in this area. Luckily for me, there are no Hammers lurking in my neck of the woods. :)

Rice Hunter 05-15-2002 07:40 AM

Ah man, you guys in CA and TX are soo lucky. I live in PA. The most amazing stretch of road near me is just one that isn't covered with potholes:( . BTW, I kinda live in yuppy-ville, so it seems there is a plague of Ricers and (can you believe it) C5 vettes! If you guys want to drive cross country, you'll find more than enough stupid kids or mid-life-crisis men driving around who will glare at you until you race. I count about 5-15 ricers on the road each day on my way home from work:mad: . Oh well. I visited Texas once... nice place! Would love to take my car to those streets. Have a good one guys!:D

vtec8ter 05-15-2002 06:44 PM

Hammer

what kinda power are you making now? and are you gonna make the modular shootout at cecil county md. this year?